Now that summer is here I am more interested in luminous glowing skin and a healthy natural finish rather than heavier makeup. A beautiful ethereal golden glow with a dewy finish is one of my favorite and most sought-after choices during the summer months, and therefore I thought that you would like to see my current favorites. In addition to a high SPF sunscreen, a great tinted moisturizer and a touch of mascara and eye liner– here are my favorites to make me glow from head to toe.
1) Tom Ford Lip Color Vanilla Suede (Reviewed here): Tom Ford Lip Color in Vanilla Suede is a glimmering pale golden peachy beige with gorgeous golden pearl. At first, this pale glimmering beauty looks as though it would be too pale to be in the least bit flattering, but like Nude Vanilla once it warms up it seems to adapt to its environment and it becomes an immensely flattering and glistening golden nude. It also makes a stunning base for other lipsticks, hybrids, and glosses because of its inherent ability to add dimension when layered with other products. Worn as a simple wash of color, it has all of the beauty and warm one could want for summer. It is sunshine in a tube on a warm summer day.
According to Tom Ford Beauty,
To Tom Ford, there is no more dramatic accessory than a perfect lip. It is the focus of the face and it has the power to define a woman's whole look. Each lip color is Tom Ford's modern ideal of an essential makeup shade. Rare and exotic ingredients, including soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter and chamomilla flower oil, create an ultra-creamy texture with an incredibly smooth application. Specially treated pigments are blended to deliver pure color with just the right balance of luminosity.
2) Tom Ford Lip Color Shine Bare (Reviewed here): Tom Ford Lip Color Shine in Bare is a nude peachy beige with gorgeous peachy golden shimmer. Bare is among the moisturizing hybrid lip products that has the comfort and moisturizing properties of a fabulous lip balm, but wears like a lipstick. It glides on the lips effortlessly and offers gorgeous color with twinkling pearl suspended in a luminous shiny base. It looks and feels wonderful, and it is by far my very favorite lipstick hybrid formula on the market.
According to Tom Ford Beauty,
For Tom Ford, lips can be a woman's most alluring feature. Tom Ford Lip Color Shine envelops the lips in a semitransparent, high-shine color veil. Each sensuous and delicate shade glides on with a luminous sheen, instantly moisturizing and conditioning the lips. Developed with the rare and exotic ingredients—soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter, and chamomilla flower oil—the Tom Ford Lip Color Shine conditions, moisturizes, and delivers a color with lustrous shine.
3) BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Champagne Pearl (Reviewed here): BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Champagne Pearl, which is a dazzling rose gold pearl, has a very very thick and dense consistency. You need to squeeze pretty hard from the bottom of the tube in order to dispense it, and it takes a while to coax it out of the tube, but it is pure roe gold magic hen you do! The benefit of its thickness is that it coats, and clings to the lips with serious tenacity, and I find it very comfortable on the lips. It leaves my lips soft, supple, nourished, and very deeply moisturized. Champagne Pearl, described as a rose gold pearl, is a stunning twinkling rose gold that is incredibly flattering.
Left to Right: Vanilla Suede, Bare, Champagne Pearl and Camellia Lip Balm
4) TATCHA GOLD Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm (Reviewed here): This clear lip balm has a remarkable gel consistency that feels indescribably comfortable on the lips. It boasts the perfect amount of cushion as it spreads effortlessly across the lips, and might be likened in texture to an emollient lip gloss. Upon first application it has a medium glossy finish, but once it is largely absorbed it results in a lower shine finish-- making it perfect for men and women. The first dozen uses offer an ethereal golden glow because of the inclusion of the delightfully decadent gold leaf on top, but once it wears away it is simply a clear balm.
As one might guess from the nourishing list of ingredients, GOLD Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm is remarkably hydrating and nourishing, and has the ability to render parched lips utterly soft and smooth with little coaxing. In addition to being a wonderful stand-alone lip balm, this elegant gold-laden beauty likewise serves as a wonderful base for lipsticks.
According to TATCHA,
This intensely hydrating lip balm absorbs quickly and smoothly, leaving lips soft and touchable. The 24-karat gold leaf crushes upon application. Hand-laid 24-karat gold leaf adds a touch of sensual shimmer.
5) TATCHA LUMINOUS Dewy Skin Mist (Reviewed here): TATCHA'S wildly popular Luminous Dewy Skin Mist is no ordinary misting spray, but instead it is a silky smooth lightweight liquid moisturizer. When misted on the face it offers the perfect veil of moisture, soothing hydration, and a gorgeous and unexpected luminosity.
In order to use Luminous Dewy Skin Mist you simply shake the elegant bottle and then spray the semi-opaque milky emulsion. The soothing fine mist feels amazingly hydrating and calming on the skin, and can be used whenever your skin needs a boost. TATCHA asserts this product is ideal for dry and combination skins, but I think that it is perfect for anyone who seeks hydration.
Luminous Dewy Skin Mist can either be sprayed on bare skin, or it can also be used over your foundation without disturbing your makeup. Use it any time of the day or night, but be prepared to become completely obsessed with this magical potion!
According to TATCHA, their Luminous Dewy Mist is:
A silky liquid moisturizer spray of Squalane, Red Algae and our HADASEI-3 complex can be misted for a boost of soothing hydration, resulting in dewy, luminous skin anytime, anywhere. This milky emulsion contains moisturizers and humectants leaving skin rehydrated. Does not contain high levels of alcohol and fragrance found in conventional hydrating sprays, which can dry out the skin. It is ideal for dry and combination skin.
6) TATCHA Camellia Beauty Oil (Reviewed here): TATCHA GOLD Camellia Beauty Oil is an extraordinarily beautiful face oil that is of the very highest quality. As I have previously stated, "not only is it made from the highest quality ingredients, but this elegant elixir is featherlight, sinks into the skin immediately, leaves behind no greasy film or residue, and gives skin a stunning ethereal glow." If you are i the least bit obsessed with luxury beauty oils, as am I, then you really and truly owe it to yourself to try this one.
You can see that the oil, punctuated by gold flakes, is very light in texture.
I simply apply TATCHA GOLD Camellia Beauty Oil to slightly damp freshly washed skin after warming it in my hands, and then I massage it into my face, neck and décolleté. If there is any remaining oil on my hands I simply work it into my hair and cuticles. This lightly scented oil sinks in immediately leaving skin deeply hydrated, nourished and utterly luminous. The luxurious silky texture, 24-karat gold flakes, and beautiful scent make the tactile experience of its use an even more decadent than one can begin to imagine. This is absolute unadulterated luxury oil perfection. It really doesn't get any better than this!
Rich in Squaline, Camellia, Rice and Macadamia Nut Oils that deeply nourish the skin.
Infused with Licorice Extract to gently calm the skin.
Bamboo and Green Tea fragrances evoke the Kyoto countryside.
24-karat gold flecks add a subtle sensual glow to the skin.
Apply a few drops of this luxurious elegant oil to the face, neck, décolletage and hair for indescribably soft, nourished and glowing skin and hair.
7) African Botanics Marula Shimmering Gold Oil (Reviewed here): Marula Shimmering Gold Oil is a gorgeous antioxidant rich multipurpose oil that is unbelievably nourishing and hydrating. It is lightweight in texture and imparts an ethereal glow that illuminates the hair and skin. In the hair it offers deep conditioning and frizz control while adorning your tresses with a gorgeous golden luminosity. This richly nourishing oil hydrates and smooths the skin while giving it the most gorgeous and refined golden shimmer. Skin and hair is left utterly luminous, soft, supple and quenched. The subtle scent is an intoxicating blend of Gardenia, Magnolia, Neroli and Vanilla Bean, and it is so delectable that I just can't get enough of it.
Marula Shimmering Gold Oil is described as,
An ultra-nourishing gold shimmering, rare fusion that illuminates every complexion and can be used on face, body and hair. Infused with an exquisite antioxidant-rich complex of restorative African Marula, Moringa, Baobab and Kalahari Melon seed oils especially chosen for their resilience to harsh climatic conditions and ability to deeply nourish, soothe, soften and maintain skin youthfulness and firmness. Light and airy in texture, it captures and reflects the radiant splendour of glimmering African sunsets, beautifying with translucent mother of pearl minerals to illuminate skin and enhance its natural radiance. Meadowfoam oil improves skin vitality, while an aromatic blend of Gardenia and macerated Magnolia enhanced by fresh Neroli and Vanilla Bean create a beautiful floral scent.
Dull dry skin, uneven texture and tone
Damaged and stressed skin
Lack of elasticity and firmness
After sun exposure to extend the tan and keep skin glowing
Dim Light: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with a balance of warm and cool tones.
Dim Light is a pale neutral to warm leaning light beige with a very subtle luminescent sheen. I love to lightly dust it all over my face, and the result is that it imparts a lovely ethereal glow that is quite natural looking. It works wonders in its ability to blur imperfections, and never settles into pores or accentuates fine lines.
Incandescent Light: An opalescent pearl powder that highlights the cheekbones and brightens the complexion with a celestial glow (Exclusive to this palette).
Incandescent Light is a lovely very light pale beige shade that offers the skin a gorgeous celestial glow as Hourglass suggests. The shimmer does not translate to unrefined glitter that settles into pores or fine lines, but instead this gorgeous luminous powder captures the light beautifully as in enhances cheekbones and generally brightens and illuminates the complexion.
Radiant Light:A sun-kissed golden beige powder that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow.
While you can lightly brush Radiant Light all of your face, or anywhere you want to create the illusion of a sun-kissed complexion, I prefer to use it as a bronzer, and unlike most bronzers this one does not oxidize on my skin leaving me with an orange cast. Radiant Light is ultra-finely milled, blends beautifully on the skin, and leaves skin with a sun-kissed glow.
Left to Right: Dim Light, Incandescent Light and Radiant Light all shown lightly swatched above (for heavier swatches refer to my initial review here).
According to Hourglass,
Create your perfect light with this palette featuring three shades of Ambient Lighting Powder. Each of the high-tech, soft-focus finishing powders recreates an exquisitely flattering light source. The powders can be applied individually or layered to imbue skin with a multidimensional glow.
9) Tom Ford Beauty Eyeshadow Quad in Nude Dip (Reviewed here): As you may remember, the star of the Tom Ford Beauty Fall 2014 Color Collection was the stunningly beautiful Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Nude Dip. Thankfully this twinkling gem, which was limited edition, is now part of the permanent core line. This is my all-time favorite Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad!
Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Nude Dip is a stunningly beautiful warm-leaning neutral palette.
While Nude Dip may not boast particularly unique colors make no mistake about it-- this is a palette of exquisite beauty and extraordinary quality. All four shadows are ultra finely milled, and they boast creamy and silky textures. In fact, they are so finely milled that they just melts into the skin. Used wet or dry, this is an arrestingly beautiful palette.
10) Burberry Beauty Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base (Reviewed here): This lightweight luminous base is moisturizing, it imparts a gorgeous subtle glow, and it feels wonderful on the skin. You can use it as a sheer glowing primer, you can add it to your foundation for a luminous dewy finish, or you can use it as a highlighter. On particularly good skin days I can wear it alone with sunscreen. It is such a gorgeous product not just because of the way that it makes your skin look, but also because of the way that it makes your skin feel. The wild rose not only lends itself to a light and pleasant scent (not at all overpowering or lingering), but it also hydrates the skin.
How to use: "Apply Fresh Glow all over clean face for immediate, natural radiance. To perfect your complexion and give skin an added glow, mix Fresh Glow with your shade of Burberry Sheer Fluid Foundation. To highlight and sculpt the face, apply Fresh Glow over your makeup to cheekbones, bridge of nose and chin."