Press Sample (Unaffiliated Links)
Reflecting back on skincare product launches in 2018, there were so many that it has become a bit of a blur, and few were truly exceptional. Instead, many were gimmicky and superfluous or they were simply decidedly lackluster. In stark contrast were the notable creations of Mandy Aftel, and to suggest that she stands apart in this crowded landscape is an extraordinary understatement.
In fact, Aftelier Perfumes just launched Mandy's new Geranium Cleansing Oil and the incredible brand new Lavender Face Elixir, and from first use it was clear that these beautiful handcrafted luxury oils were peerless. Not only are her new oils unmitigated perfection, but the new glass dropper bottles are elegant, chic, minimalist and stunningly gorgeous.
As I have previously stated in these virtual pages, "Each of the ingredients yield to Mandy's vision and artistry, and allow her to create something far greater than the sum of its parts. In the same way that Renaissance artists perfected nature by creating idealized portraits, so too, does Mandy take her creations to a level unseen in nature....Mandy is able to coax the greatest realized potential from each of them, and this symphony of raw materials, at her hands, play a supportive role that facilitates" artistic creations of extraordinary grandeur.
Aftelier Perfumes Geranium Cleansing Oil is a truly exemplary cleansing oil, the likes of which I have never experienced. My initial observations were informed by the disbelief that there was a permutation of geranium that was so otherworldly. One cannot sufficiently underscore the extent to which Mandy is an artist of rare genius, and this cleansing oil is a reminder of this fact. Geranium often has a sharp edge, but this golden elixir is warm, soft, slightly peppery and informed by a current of light floral notes. Mandy deftly selected each of the ingredients in perfect proportions, and the result is a balance of elements of which only she is capable. The aroma is the sublime embodiment of what geranium could only ever hope to be, and that could only be realized by Mandy.
The texture of this oil is impossibly silky and smooth, and its tactile effects are not only ultra-luxe, but it is likewise visceral in its ability to evoke unmitigated joy. Use of this cleansing oil, is therefore, profoundly experiential and it requires a slowing down, being present, and savoring every moment of its use. As you massage the oil into your skin, you will naturally be inclined to take long and deep breaths, and this will quiet the mind and soothe the senses. After massaging the skin, add a little warm water to emulsify this magical oil and then rinse with warm water and pat dry.
As I have gotten older (like, 70), I can no longer use commercial facial cleansers, so I created this new cleanser that's good for my skin and really easy to use -- a nourishing oil cleanser that can be rinsed off with warm water. Wild-harvested geranium essential oil was the best choice for the scent, with its gorgeous fresh, green, rosy aroma, and known for enhancing skin repair, reducing inflammation, superior toning, and anti-bacterial properties.
Select Ingredients and Their Attributes:
- Abyssinian oil: penetrates the skin quickly and is easily absorbed. This rich oil replaces lost lipids, eases dryness, improving softness and texture.
- Rice bran oil: full of Vitamin A and C, protects and supports the skin, helps with fine lines & wrinkles, and tissue regeneration. Rice Bran is high in linoleic acid (40%) which helps the oil absorb quickly and deeply into the skin layers and carries plant nutrients to deeper layers.
- Camellia oil: full of vitamin E and anti-oxidants, is rejuvenating, and helps condition the skin. Camellia is high in oleic acid (80%) which helps maintain suppleness, flexibility and softness of the skin. It is highly compatible with human sebum and able to carry nutrients deeply into skin layers.
- Grapeseed oil: rich in Omega 3, 6 and 9 and Vitamin E, is soothing, helps moisture retention and is nourishing for aging skin. Grapeseed oil is high in linoleic acid (74%)which helps the oil absorb quickly and deeply into the skin layers and carries plant nutrients to deeper layers.
- Cold-pressed Broccoli Seed Oil: is high in vitamin A and Omega-9, 6 and 3 fatty acids, which help absorb and retain moisture in the skin quickly without leaving behind a greasy residue. The smooth, soft, silky texture of broccoli seed oil protects cells and is anti-inflammatory.
- PlantaEm™ is made from the esters of glycerin and fatty acids and are very gentle, completely biodegradable and PEG-free. PlantaEmTM offers unique emulsification and conditioning characteristics and is good for skin! It is made from Polyglyceryl 6 Dioleate (and) Sorbitan Laurate (and) Polyglyceryl-4 Laurate (and) Dilauryl Citrate.
$35.00 for 30 ml. and $7.00 for 1 ml. from Aftelier Perfumes (Unaffiliated Links).
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2019 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All rights Reserved.
I stopped using my cleansing oils during the summer, and now would be a great time to go back to them. One of these days, I must must must try Mandy's perfume oils. Strangely, my body chemistry must have changed because none of my fragrances including the "big" ones last on my skin, so I need to go back to oilsReplyDelete
This is definitely the perfect season for nourishing cleansing oils! This one is truly exceptional, too! It is so delectable, hydrating and luxurious. Interesting about the recent changes in your body chemistry, and that none of your fragrances are lasting as a result. Maybe the colder weather will shift things back, and your fragrances will have increased longevity once again.Delete
Oh wow those sound really nice!ReplyDelete
They are both amazing!Delete
I've never read you be so effusive over a product as this one. It's obviously the creme de la creme. You make this sound so wonderful.ReplyDelete
This is the most incredible cleansing oil, and it is hard not to gush over everything that Mandy makes! She's incredibly gifted, and everything that she makes is unbelievable.Delete
Oil is one of my favorite cleansers, this time of year and this one sounds like heaven.ReplyDelete
Oil cleaners are amazing, and this one is in a class by itself! I highly recommend trying it!Delete
These look so rich and sound like they smell awesome!ReplyDelete
They feel and smell amazing. They are incredibly nourishing and luxurious!Delete
I really like the smell of geraniums, it's one of my favorite notes in perfume. I bet this oil smells divine!ReplyDelete
This smells utterly divine, and I am sure that you would LOVE it!Delete