Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
In case you have not yet heard of Boxwalla, it is an online bi-monthly subscription box service that was specifically created to introduce people to the finest artists, filmmakers, writers and artisans from across the globe. The creators of Boxwalla have effectively curated what they call a "multi-sensory haven for the multifaceted woman (or man) who wants to experience the best in every category." They currently offer four categories for their subscription boxes that appeal to the senses and the intellect, and each of these carefully curated boxes features the highest quality products imaginable.
Bi-Monthly Subscription Box Categories:
- Green Beauty
- Artisanal Food
Boxwalla's Green Beauty boxes feature ultra high quality, cruelty-free healthy skincare and makeup products that introduce you to covet-worthy beauty products that are healthy, a joy to use, and that are affordably priced.
According to Boxwalla,
...we use a bimonthly subscription model to showcase the work of the artists and artisans within these categories. Subscribers have the option of switching between categories before every cycle.
We are passionate about showcasing the most effective, practical and luxurious products we have experienced in each category. The products included in each box are meant to be used together in a slow, pampering beauty ritual, while also complementing the products featured in previous boxes.
Among the brands that they have featured in their Green Beauty boxes: RMS Beauty, Gressa, Axiology Lipstick, Hurraw Lip Balm, Lalun Naturals, Henne Organics, Odacite, MOSS, Biodata.
August Wandering Woman's Beauty Box ($49.95. Retail value $142.00 from Boxwalla):
MOSS Healing Dew ($68.00 value): "A beautiful oil-free serum that is incredibly hydrating and an absolute must-have in our skincare ritual. Pair with an oil and seal in the moisture with a lightweight balm like MOSS Ceremony."
BIODARA Creme de Clay Purifying Mask ($15.00 value): "A purifying mask containing healing Jukyeom (roasted bamboo sea salt), sea kelp extract & bentonite clay. Though it contains clay, this mask is very hydrating leaving skin clear and glowing."
ODACITÉ Ac+R serum concentrate ($55.00 value): "Containing a very high concentration of superfood Acai Oil, this lightweight oil absorbs very quickly leaving skin glowing and smooth. Pair with MOSS healing dew for extra hydration."
Directions: Apply to cleansed face, avoiding eye area. Leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse gently using circular motion with warm water or wash cloth. Use twice a week, or as a spot treatment as needed. For optimal results, follow with Biodara Cell Refresh Face Serum. *For sensitive or dry skin, rinse before clay dries.
Biodara Crème De Clay Purifying Mask Ingredients: Water, Bentonite (Calcium Montmorillionite), Argentum Metallicum (Silver), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract*, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Kelp) Extract*, Populus Tremuloides (Aspen Bark) Extract**, Roasted Bamboo Sea Salt, Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil*, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil*, Cymbopogon Martinii (Palmarosa) Oil* *Certified Organic **ECOCERT Approved
Moss Healing Dew Anti-Inflammatory Hydrating Serum is an ultra lightweight gel that has a cooling effect upon contact with skin. This healing elixir effectively mitigates inflammation– making it an ideal choice for delicate, sensitive, and acne-prone skin types. It soothes and calms skin, while delivering nourishing ingredients that hydrate the skin and prevent trans-epidermal water loss.
Select Ingredients and their attributes:
- Botanical hydrosols of hibiscus and spearmint soothe and extinguish inflammation and imbalance.
- Aloe Vera: boosts hydration while soothing redness and calming irritation. Aloe Vera speeds healing, cutting irritation time in half.
- Cromwell root: is a potent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- MSM: is a natural mineral compound considered to be nature’s beauty mineral due to it’s ability to enhance collagen bundles and keratin, it supports the skin in smooth texture and tone and youthful appearance. A little known benefit to this wonderful skin restorer is its absorption enhancing ability, making all nutrients truly available to even the deepest dermal layers. Our MSM is the purest we could find, and made in the USA.
- Ceramics: Dry, irritated and sensitive skin often lack ceramides and as a result, the skins protective barrier is compromised. Ceramides provide structural support to cells and improve cellular integrity. By adding ceramides to the skin, the skin’s barrier is strengthened while preventing reoccurring symptoms, such as trans-epidermal water loss. Ceramides also increase collagen production and help increase cellular turnover.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) is an excellent anti-inflammatory that is a skin-saving multi-tasker. It helps decrease inflammation and lightens hyperpigmentation. It helps the skin repair its own barrier by encouraging the synthesis of ceramides, and it helps keep new blemishes from forming.
- Beet extract is a beautiful anti-irritant which contains high amounts of Betaine, a key to maintaining intracellular hydration and helping to prevent damage from environmental stressors such as UV radiation, and oxidation. It allows the cells to function more efficiently, preventing damage and the dehydration. Unlike humectants such as glycerin or hyaluronic acid, which draw moisture from the environment (which can backfire in arid climates or with certain skin types, where the humectants will actually draw moisture from the skin!), beet extract hydrates from within.
Directions: Apply before facial oil if skin is dry, apply mixed with or after facial oil if skin is normal/oily – or, as desired! Apply am, pm or both. Ok to use on its own post sun-time or shaving as well.
Moss Healing Dew Anti-Inflammatory Hydrating Serum Ingredients: Botanical Hydrosols* (Violet, Hibiscus, Green Tea, Yucca, Spearmint, Olive Leaf), Glycine Betaine (Beta vulgaris (Beet)) Sugar Extract**, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Glycosphingolipids, Vegetable Glycerin, Camellia Sinesis (Green Tea) Extract*, Saw Palmetto Extract*, Magnolia Bark Extract*, Scutellaria Galericulata (Skullcap) Extract*, Spearmint Extract*, Leuconostoc (Radish Root) Ferment Filtrate**, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract*, Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract**, Therapeutic Essential Oil Blend (Bee Balm*, Coriander, Rose, Chamomile), Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters,
Sodium Lactate**, Aspen Bark Extract**, Gromwell Root Extract, Water, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Glucono Delta Lactone**, Sugarcane Alcohol* *Organic/Wildcrafted **Eco-cert
ODACITÉ Ac+R serum concentrate is an antioxidant-rich, anti-aging luxury beauty oil that is formulated to deeply hydrate the skin, soften the appearance of fine-lines and wrinkles, and improve the tone and texture of the skin. Additionally, I noted that my skin was soft, supple and boasted a dewy glow. It is a lightweight and fast absorbing oil that can be used any time of the day. It has a warm rose aroma that I find utterly delectable.
Features and benefits:
• Ultra-strength antioxidant serum that addresses all aspects of skin aging: wrinkles & firmness, tone, texture and hydration.
• Experience the extraordinary power of nature with superfood Acai berry, they boasts the highest antioxidant power in the world. Carefully harvested and cold pressed, Acai berries yield the most active beauty elixir.
• Scientifically made with effective yet gentle essential oils, including rose oil, famous for its anti-aging properties of cell oxygenation and capillary reparation.
• Gluten Free
Directions: In the palm of your hand, supercharge your daily dose of crème by mixing in 2-3 drops of Ac+R. Or apply alone for a more intensive treatment.
ODACITÉ Ac+R serum concentrate Ingredients: Highest grade cold-pressed Acai (Euterpe oleracea) fruit oil, Rosa damascena (rose) flower oil, Citrus aurantium amara (neroli) flower/leaf oil, Jasminum sambac (jasmine) flower oil, Jasminum grandiflorum (jasmine) flower oil, Cananga odorata (ylang ylang) flower oil, Litsea cubeba fruit oil, Vanillosmopsis erythropappa (bisabolol) wood oil, Canarium lozonicum (elemi) gum oil, Cedrus atlantica (cedar) wood oil, Certified GMO-free Vitamin E (Tocopherols) oil.
Overall Assessment: Boxwalla has exceeded my every expectation of what a subscription beauty box could ever be. The ultra-luxe green beauty brands that they feature are truly extraordinary, and their elegant presentation most certainly befits the treasures found within each of their stunning boxes. Furthermore, you receive these beautiful products for a fraction of their retail cost, and Boxwalla includes free shipping to U.S addresses. I am obsessed with Boxwalla, and highly recommend perusing their selection of Green Beauty, Artisanal Food, Film and Book subscription boxes– they make the perfect holiday and hostess gifts for yourself and everyone on your list.
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own (Affiliate Links).
Copyright © 2016 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.
I get BeautyHeroes and Art of Organics; both are excellent and cheaper than this one. Check them out!ReplyDelete
I will definitely check them both out! Thanks, Cindy! Happy Thanksgiving!Delete
What an amazing concept for a subbie box! The Healing Dew and the AC+R Serum sound like heaven!ReplyDelete
It really is, Allison! The products that they choose are truly first rate, too! Yes, The Healing Dew and the AC + R Serum are heavenly!Delete
Wow! Every one of these products sounds great! I've never heard of Boxwalla - might be worth checking in to :)ReplyDelete
Boxwalla is DEFINITELY worth checking out, and each of these products is truly fantastic!Delete
I'm not familiar with any of these brands. This is a great box for the girl who has almost everything.ReplyDelete
They are really wonderful green beauty brands worth knowing about! Definitely a great gift for the girl who has it all!Delete
This sounds like a great box for skincare lovers!ReplyDelete
It definitely is, Babi!Delete
I just discovered this box and think it's such an interesting concept. I love the selection this box had.ReplyDelete
I agree, and the products are really first rate!Delete
This looks like a wonderful box! That serum and healing dew sound like items my skin could love.ReplyDelete
It really is a fantastic box, and the Serum and Healing Dew are really great! I suspect that they would, indeed. make your skin happy!Delete
Oh wow - This is such a great idea for a boxReplyDelete
Hi Jess! I completely agree. I seldom get overly excited by subscription boxes, but everything about Boxwalla thrills me. Their film and book boxes are just brilliant as well!Delete
This box looks fab!ReplyDelete
It really is, Jamie!Delete