lola's secret beauty blog was tagged by the lovely Marcia from Beauty Info Zone!
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus add eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. No tag backs
6. You legitimately have to tag
Here are 11 things about Lola:
1) I am obsessed with Hakuhodo brushes, Sunday Riley Skincare and makeup, and Rouge Bunny Rouge makeup.
2) I am originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, but live in Los Angeles with my husband, cats and dog.
3) I have been obsessed with skincare and makeup since I was an early teen. My big introduction into the world of high-end makeup was when, as a teenager, my mom took me to I. Magnin on Union Square in San Francisco. It was there that I was indoctrinated into the world of Erno Laszlo Skincare, Chanel makeup, and YSL makeup. There was no turning back after that!
4) I have always loved rearranging furniture in my house. I started this at about 8 years old when I moved my parents' bedroom into a different room in the house (without their knowledge or consent)! My husband is no longer shocked when he comes home to find that the whole house has been rearranged.
5) I've always been a bit of a tomboy, and despite the fact that I love makeup and all things pretty- I am happiest wearing sweats and jeans!
6) When I have an idea, I tend to act on it (within reason, of course). There was an ugly closet in my bedroom that was a tacky add-on that didn't match the room (or the architecture of a 1920s house). I woke up one Saturday morning tired of looking at it, and decided to demolish it by myself. I tore it out, patched, primed, painted, and sanded and retouched the floor by the time that my husband got home from surfing late that afternoon. He just looked at me and shook his head and said "you're nuts, how did you do that?! That looks great, but seriously nobody helped you?!" I have many more stories like that one!
7) I am in love with authentic Mid-Century Modern furniture.
8) I am a huge proponent of animal rescue, and all of our cats and our dog are rescues. That is Jasper (back) and Zeus (front)- I found them sitting like this I did not try to pose them!
10) As a teen I used to melt down and mix my mom's and sister's old lipsticks and create new colors that they preferred. I did this for myself all of the time as well. Now I don't bother to melt them down- I either mix them directly on my lips, or on a palette.
11) When I am not working, or blogging I tend to like to relax by dreaming up some new crazy project to undertake.
Here are the 11 questions I was asked:
For a more subtle olive green MAKE UP FOR EVER #123 which is a lovely khaki green shimmer. It always makes my hazel colored eyes pop. For a brighter green MAC's long ago discontinued Fresh Green Mix Mineralize Eye Shadow. MAC Mineralize eye shadows usually make my eyes itch. This is the only one that I have and it doesn't bother my eyes at all.
2) What countries have you traveled to?
England, France and Mexico.
3) Have you ever been on a cruise?
4) Are you a good sleeper?
Yes- except when I have a cat walk across my head in the middle of night!
5) What are your 3 desert island items NOT counting lip balm and sunscreen? (My desert island provides those!)
Sunday Riley Juno Transformative Lipid Serum, Sunday Riley Good Genes, and kai deodorant.
6) How long have you been blogging?
Since July 2010, but lola's secret beauty blog started in 2011.
7) Where’s your favorite place to shop?
Barneys New York.
8) What hobbies or obsessions do you have?
Makeup and skincare- which led to blogging about it as an outlet for my obsession.
9) How would you wear your hair if you could?
Hmm. Well, I have naturally curly hair, and when it's well-behaved I am quite happy with it. I would say I would wear it with nice soft shiny curls with no frizzies whatsoever.
10) What lipstick brand would you choose over all others? I tend to wear more lip glosses than lipsticks, but lately I have been loving Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Royallieu. However, I am eagerly awaiting the new Sunday Riley Lipsticks and want to try out the Rouge Bunny Rouge lipsticks, and I suspect both will cause me to have new favorites.
11) You can’t live without what? Love, friendship and continued learning.
Here are my 11 questions for my TAGGIES:
1) What is your one Holy Grail Skincare item?
2) What is the most over-hyped beauty product that you purchased and regretted?
3) What is your favorite place to vacation or visit?
4) What is your most extravagant beauty splurge, and will you repurchase it?
5) What is your best beauty find?
6) What is your most bold makeup choice?
7) If you could only shop at one cosmetics counter (or line) which would you choose?
8) What is your favorite place to shop?
9) What current beauty trend(s) do you love, and what current beauty trend(s) do you hate?
10) What is the first makeup product that you remember using?
11) If you could pick one thing that you really wanted your readers to know about you personally, what would it be?
Who I’m tagging. Please go visit them- they are phenomenal bloggers.
British Beauty Blogger
drivel about frivol
Front Row Beauty
Musings of a Muse
Product Doctor Beauty Blog
Rola's Fountain of Youth