Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
I am always so impressed by Reviva Labs because they consistently make extraordinary quality skincare products at affordable prices. Having recently experienced a particularly high volume of emails asking for affordable anti-aging skincare product recommendations, it occurred to me that Reviva Labs has so many contenders that it warranted a dedicated post featuring some of my favorites.
1) 5% Glycolic Acid Cream ($25.00 for 1.5 oz. Reviva Labs, Ulta and Amazon): "Contains a unique polymer form of glycolic acid & hellip actual strands of glycolic that enter the skins own natural polymer structure. They penetrate more effectively to induce better exfoliation. The glycolic extract used in Reviva's Glycolic Acid Cream is full-strength glycolic crystals...100% glycolic extract...never diluted!"
One of the best ways to ensure the efficacy of your anti-aging products is to effectively exfoliate your skin to enable efficient absorption of your serums and creams. The Reviva Labs Glycolic Acid Cream comes in 5% and 10% solutions, but I would definitely suggest starting out with the 5% Glycolic Acid Cream until your skin acclimates to the added exfoliation. You may experience a little tingling as this potent cream gets to work, and I highly recommend patch testing it on your arm before applying it to your face. I definitely noticed a huge difference in my complexion from this powerful Glycolic Acid Cream, and noted that it left my skin remarkably smooth, even in tone and luminous. Reviva Labs suggests switching to day use after about a month, which I did, and it made a big difference in the overall clarity and luminosity of my complexion. I don't find that I need to use it all of the time, but instead on an as-needed basis.
Directions: Use at night for the first four weeks. Apply lightly, leave-on for one minute, apply moisturizer. After one month of nighttime applications, also apply in the morning, under daytime moisturizer. (If there is a stinging sensation, this is normal, apply a light moisturizer or night cream over the Glycolic Acid Cream.)
Ingredients: Purified water, 5% glycolic acid polymer (extracts of sugar and rhubarb), extracts of pumpkin, peach, sage, comfrey, chamomile, witch hazel, vitamins A,D,E, safflower oil, sunflower oil.
NOTE: Reviva Labs recommends patch testing for sensitivity on the underside of forearm before beginning treatment.
2) Nasolabial Fold Multi-Peptide Cream ($49.00 for 2 oz. from Reviva Labs and Amazon): This cream was expertly crafted to treat the pesky Nasolabial Folds (the deep lines that can form on the sides of the nose to the mouth), and while no cream can claim to physically remove deep lines in their entirety, Reviva Labs has done a remarkable job reducing their appearance.
In order to deliver tangible results, Reviva Labs suggests an easy to follow three step process featuring their 5% Glycolic Acid Cream, Nasolabial Fold Multi-Peptide Cream and their mineral-rich Skin Energizing Gel (or Hyaluronic Acid Serum or Collagen Serum).
For Truly Deep Folds and Lines, Reviva Labs recommend using this 3-Step Layering Process:
First, you would apply Reviva’s mineral-rich Skin Energizing Gel (or Hyaluronic Acid Serum or Collagen Serum) all over face and jawline. Then follow by applying the Glycolic Acid Cream over the Gel or Serum.
Finally, apply their Nasolabial Fold Multi-Peptide Cream over the Glycolic Cream. It is important to remember to spread each product used from the point of application across the face to the cheek area and toward the ear on both sides of the face.
Reviva Labs underscored the fact that Nasolabial Folds are among topical skin care’s most difficult problems to address, and there is no quick fix. This is why they developed the three step process to bolster the efficacy of their new cream.
While I do not have Nasolabial Folds or deep lines near my mouth and jawline, I do have fine smile lines. While they aren't a point of concern for me yet, I did note that they were considerably softened when I used the 3-Step routine as suggested by Reviva Labs. This trio is definitely well worth trying if you have Nasolabial Folds or deep lines near your mouth and jawline.
Details about Nasolabial Folds and Deep Lines Near Mouth and Jawline: The skin “folds” that run from each side of the nose to corners of the mouth (called “Nasolabial Folds”) are commonly thought to be the result of years of facial movements like smiles, frowns and other expressions. But Reviva Labs and various medical experts agree that facial contractions are not the only cause. Aging and the loss of cheek fat is a major factor. The young face is full, with cheeks that have a “fat pad”. With age, the fat falls down toward the nose causing skin sag and folds. In addition, skin along the jawline drops (creating jowls) and skin towards edges of mouth loosens, forming lines or wrinkles.
What makes Nasolabial Fold Cream Different: Reviva’s original Peptide Cream was excellent for wrinkles. But the new formula features an advanced combination of peptides that address deeper wrinkles and so much more! Special new peptides and additional ingredients can help increase the volume of fatty tissue.Thus, it can soften, plump up and help folds look less pronounced.Result? A more youthful look. No skin cream can claim it can totally remove deep nasolabial folds, but now we can help reduce their appearance as well as other stubborn facial lines.
Directions: "On our Nasolabial Fold label and box, we don’t have room for full “Directions” details. So here’s our full recommendation.Morning and night, apply the cream on both sides of nose, cheeks, corners of mouth and near jaw.Now spread the cream, with middle fingers, in upward and outward brisk spreading movements towards the ear. Do one side at a time, left side with left hand fingers and right side with right hand fingers. Make sure you are spreading the cream from its starting point across the entire cheek area towards the ear."
Ingredients: Purified Water, Capric Caprylic Triglycerides, Sunflower Seed Oil, Matrixyl™
(Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4), Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glycerin (veg.),
Adipofill’in™ (Propanediol (and) Ornithine (and) Phospholipids (and) Glycolipids), Progeline™
(Trifluoroacetyl Tripeptide-2), Syn-ake™ (Dipeptide Diaminobutytoyl Benzylamine Diacetate), Aloe
Leaf Juice, Shea Butter, Xantham Gum, Hyaluronic Acid, Soy Protein, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract,
Jojoba Seed Oil, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vit. C), Tocopherol Acetate, Panthenol,
Allantoin, Tocopherol (Vit. E), Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol.
3) Skin Energizing Gel ($11.00 for 2 oz. Reviva Labs and Amazon): Reviva Labs calls this "The Gel that makes creams come true" because it boosts the efficacy of your creams by helping them absorb more effectively and efficiently. Furthermore, I would say that it deeply hydrates the skin and leaves skin luminous, soft and supple. In addition to adding this to my creams and lotions, I have added a small amount to my foundations, tinted moisturizers and BB and CC creams, and the result is a gorgeous dewy finish and added hydration.
According to Reviva Labs,
As skin ages and loses minerals, it may lose its ability to absorb the benefits of even the finest night creams. To help your night creams live up to their promise, Reviva offers Skin Energizing Gel, a pure "catalyst" concentrate of mineral-and vitamin-rich Hawaiian Seaplant. Use regularly for a noticeably soft, fresher and younger-looking complexion.
Directions: Apply at night on cleansed skin. Then apply your night cream over the gel. Creams applied over gel are better absorbed and more effective. If a slight seaplant residue occurs upon application, pat gently with moistened fingertip.
Ingredients: Purified water, algae extract (Hawaiian seaplant), phenoxyenthanol and chlorphenesin and sodium dehydroaceteate (preservative system).
4) High-Potency Elastin Serum ($27.00 for 1 oz. Reviva Labs and Amazon): Elastin, which allows the skin to, "stretch and retract, helps give skin bounce, elasticity and firmness." After the age of 25, skin "begins losing its supply of Elastin, aggravated by excess sun exposure, temperature extremes, stress, tobacco, alcohol, drying winds and more."
According to Reviva Labs, their "Elastin Serum Concentrate feeds skin special quality Elastin to boost skin elasticity and firmness." This serum can be applied alone or it can be used under other creams. Reviva Labs alternating it with their DMAE Firming Fluid Serum to help fight sagging skin. They also suggest using their Elastic Serum on the backs of the hands to bolster elasticity.
If you only have a few lines, such as crows feet around the eyes, rather than a profusion of lines or wrinkles all over your face, then just spot treat with this serum. It has definitely softened the expression lines around my eyes.
Directions: Shake bottle before using. Pump small amount on fingers and pat or massage in lightly onto face and throat. Can be used alone or under active night creams. Alternate with DMAE Serum.
Ingredients: Demineralized Water, Elastin, Polysorbate 20, Hawaiian Seaweed Extract, Glycerine(veg.), Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate.
5) Collagen Serum ($25.00 for 1 0z. Reviva Labs and Amazon): An effective high quality Collagen Serum is a a wonderful type of product to add into your anti-aging beauty routine. Reviva Lab created one with a high percentage of soluble collagen that delivers deep hydration, plumps fine lines and smooths the overall appearance of the skin. I have used it alone, but prefer to apply it underneath my cream for best results.
According to Reviva Labs,
With a high percentage of soluble collagen to hydrate skin, our serum not only helps increase skin's moisture level, it helps smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. This easily absorbed serum features Collagen Concentrate that permeates deeper than cream to bind moisture and help improve the contours of facial skin. Regular usage alone or under supplementary creams (such as antioxidant, elastin or peptide creams) can help smooth severe as well as fine dry lines or help improve skin texture.
Collagen is skin’s primary component, as well as its most abundant. Our bodies produce less collagen as we age. Collagen is the skin’s support structure, responsible for strength and elasticity. Collagen and elastin work together to provide the structure of the skin, and contribute to its texture and appearance. Reviva Labs uses only high-potency collagen, which can assist to replenish the body’s collagen matrix.
Directions: Shake bottle before using. Pump small amount on fingers and pat or massage in lightly onto face and throat. Can be used alone or under active night creams. Use nightly every other week.
Ingredients: Demineralized Spring Water, Glycerin (Veg), Soluble Collagen, Hawaiian Seaweed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Hydroxyehtylcellulose, Beta Carotene, Simethicone, Potassium Sorbate & Sodium Benzoate (Preservatives).
6) Collagen Night Cream ($14.00 for 1.5 oz. Reviva Labs and Amazon): Collagen Night Cream was created for normal to dry skin types, but works beautifully on my combination skin. It is a really wonderful fast absorbing night cream that delivers serious moisture to the skin, but it also softens fine lines and promotes enhanced firmness. It feels so good on the skin, and when I wake up my skin looks softer and more youthful.
According to Reviva Labs,
High potency collagen extract helps skin gain & retain moisture. Fights lines. Helps to achieve the moisture nourishment needed for firmness. Collagen is skin’s primary component, as well as its most abundant. Our bodies produce less collagen as we age. Collagen is the skin’s support structure, responsible for strength and elasticity. Collagen and elastin work together to provide the structure of the skin, and contribute to its texture and appearance. Promotes Exceptional Skin Moisture and Firmness. Reviva Labs uses only high-potency collagen, which can assist to replenish the body’s collagen matrix.
Directions: Massage into skin at night 2 weeks Collagen, 2 weeks Elastin & DMAE Cream. Use this 4-week program every 3 months to alternate with our newer advances in skin care.
Skin elasticity needs collagen's moisture control to supplement Elastin's firming action. Reviva Labs recommends that you alternate Collagen Night Cream With their Elastin & DMAE Night Cream.
Ingredients: Demineralized Water, Vegetable Oil, Stearic Acid, Soluble Collagen, Glycerin (Veg.), Lanolin, Beeswax, Citric Acid, Egg Protein Concentrate, 9-Oil Blend (Almond, Sesame, Avocado, Wheat Germ, Olive, Peanut, Sunflower, Safflower & Apricot Kernel Oils), Vitamins A, D & E, Multi Sterol Extracts: Mallow, Ivy, Cucumber, Sambucus & Arnica, Sodium Borate, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Simethicone.
7) Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester & DMAE Cream ($23.00 for 2 oz. Reviva Labs, Ulta and Amazon): According to Reviva Labs, they now offer "a new answer to helping firm, tighten and "lift" skin with DMAE...as Alpha Lipoic Acid and Vitamin C Ester fight free radicals and future skin aging….This dramatic trio is encased in a soy liposome for deeper, time release action during the night. Allantoin and Aloe Vera are added to soothe and calm stressed skin, contributing to a healthy, vibrant glow." Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester & DMAE Cream was developed to help "improve skin tone and glow as its powerful antioxidant action fights free-radical damage. As your body rests during the night, you have hours of uninterrupted replenishing nutrients that help tighten and "lift" skin to treat the effects of time as it helps fight future skin aging."
I absolutely love this cream, and I mean love it! It is fast absorbing and deeply moisturizing and nourishing. It soothes irritated skin, boosts hydration, and gives the skin a gorgeous luminous glow. I apply it to my face, neck and décolleté at night and when I wake up the next day my skin looks soft, supple, balanced and dewy fresh. It's hard to fathom that a product this effective costs only $23.00!
Directions: Use at night. Apply lightly over entire face & throat. (Massage in with upward movements).
Key Ingredients and their Attributes:
Alpha Lipoic Acid: An advanced antioxidant that fights free radicals, Alpha Lipoic Acid is an important component in our anti-aging products. Free radicals are the result of oxidation, a naturally-occurring side effect of cellular metabolism in the body, and are believed to destroy tissue on the cellular level through a destabilizing chain reaction – accelerating the aging process. Free radicals occur naturally, but exposure to harmful environmental factors, such as pollution, sun exposure, or lifestyle conditions such as smoking cigarettes, can increase their production. Antioxidants such as Alpha Lipoic Acid bind to these free radicals helping to inhibit their spread. Alpha Lipoic Acid is unique since it’s an antioxidant and it also assists the body’s production of Vitamin C, one of our naturally-occurring antioxidants.
• Improves the appearance of skin tone and texture by fighting the free-radical damage that can leave skin looking dull
• Reduces the appearance of puffiness by regulating the production of nitric oxide, which controls blood flow to the skin
• Decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by improving the overall health of the skin
DMAE: Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) is often called “facelift in a jar” by skin care specialists, because it helps firm and tighten the skin. With regular use DMAE will give skin a more defined, youthful appearance. DMAE, a component of cell membranes, is also one of the substances used by the body to make the neurotransmitter molecule acetylcholine. DMAE’s firming effects are believed to involve the signaling of acetylcholine in the skin.
Soy: Soy benefits the skin by providing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection. Studies have shown that a component of soy, known as genistein, has a collagen-stimulating effect. Other compounds found in soy have been linked to increased skin thickness and elasticity. Soy extracts are shown to produce amazing skin rejuvenating benefits externally as well as internally.
Formulated exclusively with five elements (Isoflavones, glycoproteins, proteoglycans, carbohydrates polymers and mucopolysaccharides), Reviva Labs'soy extract promotes balance within skin cells. This helps cells to emerge better moisturized, and therefore, with a more uniform, smoother-looking skin appearance.
• Antioxidant benefits combat free radicals
• Skin elasticity is improved
Vitamin C Ester: Vitamin C Ester (ascorbyl palmitate) provides protective antioxidant action, and helps repair past skin damage by promoting new collagen production. Vitamin C Ester provides multiple benefits: improving skin texture, maintaining skin firmness and tone, and improving skin radiance.
Ingredients: Demineralized Spring Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Soybean Oil, Stearyl Stearate, Vegetable Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Soy Phospholipid Liposome Gel, Alpha lipoic Acid, DMAE Bitartrate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C Ester), Whole Wheat Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Ergocalciferol (Vit. D), Aloe Vera Gel, Allantoin, Polysorbate 20, Simethicone, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid.
Overall Assessment: Reviva Labs has been a trusted skincare since 1973 for good reason. They create highly effective products that live up to their claims, that utilize the best ingredients, and that deliver real results at affordable prices. I have used many of their products, and I have never been disappointed. Their anti-aging products are amazing and well worth trying without guilt since they won't break the bank.
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own (Affiliate Links).
Copyright © 2015 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.