Press Samples & Purchased by Me (Affiliate Links)
Somehow the stars lined up this month and I managed to finish up lots of products that had either been nearly empty for a while. I also went through a fair number of sample sizes that had been in my travel bag. Truthfully one of the things that gives me the greatest satisfaction in finishing up products, is placing all of those empty containers into my recycle bin. Since we became dedicated to recycling, there has been a marked reduction in what ends up in our garbage can, and a huge increase in what ends up in our recycle can. I have also made an effort to try to buy things with the least amount of extraneous packaging so that I can further reduce what I consume.
1) Keratin Perfect: Perfect Cleanse Shampoo (Reviewed here): I really liked this shampoo a great deal. It was very gentle and non-stripping, and it left my hair hydrated. It will be quite a while before I need to purchase another shampoo, but I would definitely use this again.
2) Taya Amazon White Clay Thickening Whipped Clay (Reviewed here): This definitely adds lots of body and thickness to hair, and is great if you need to add volume to your tresses.
3) Mario Badescu Citrus Body Wash (Reviewed here): I will happily buy this over and over again. This is a thoroughly refreshing and gentle body cleanser with the most delicious citrus scent! I love everything about it!
4) Trader Joe's Lavender & Chamomile Hand Soap is a staple in my household, and I routinely buy it in multiples when I shop at Trader Joe's. The often pungent nature of lavender is tempered by the more mellow chamomile, and the result is a very comforting herbal scent. Not only is it non-stripping, but it is actually very moisturizing! I love this hand soap.
5) Desert Essence Island Mango Hand and Body Lotion (Reviewed here): This is an ultra delicious smelling cream that is thick, rich and very hydrating. I have only ever loved the products that I have used from Desert Essence.
6) Gold Sakura Hinoki Deitanseki Facial Cleansing Foam with Charcoal and Hinoki Oil (Reviewed here): This is a highly concentrated purifying cleanser that produces a rich and heady foam. The charcoal really draws out impurities, and skin is left squeaky clean. It is definitely better suited to combination to oily skin types, and would likely be far too drying for drier skin.
7) Erno Laszlo Light Controlling Lotion (Reviewed here): I am almost incapable of being objective about this toner because I began using it as a teenager. Erno Laszlo was the first high-end skincare line that I used, and therefore it evokes a certain nostalgic response in me. That said, I still think that this is a really great toner, and while it does contain alcohol I do not find it drying.Natracare Cleansing Make-up Removal Wipes (Reviewed here): I really like these wipes, and find them both gentle and effective.
9) Clayspray Hydrate H20 Spray (Reviewed here): This ultra-fine misting spray hydrates and refreshes the skin, and feels wonderful!
10) Clarins UV Plus HP Ecran Multi-Protection SPF 40 (Reviewed here): This remains one of my all-time favorite sunscreens! It is non-whitening, does not interfere with makeup application and wear, and has an SPF 40. I will repurchase this when I need another SPF for my face.
11) Trader Joe's Hand Sanitizer with Moisturizers & Vitamin E is a go-to in my household, and yet another Trader Joe's product that we buy in multiples. We stash these everywhere! I always keep one in my car, one in my work bag, one in my purse, and anywhere else that I can think of!
12 & 13) Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful Hair is a winning combination! I have used Oribe shampoos and conditioners for years, and they continually rank among my very favorites. The Beautiful Haircare line is great for over-processed hair, and while my hair can't be described as that– it is naturally curly and dry so the added moisture that these products provide are much appreciated!
14) Philip B. Oud Royal Forever Shine Conditioner with Mega Bounce is one of the most mind-glowingly effective conditioners that I have ever tried. It is described as, "perfect for reviving, defining and de-frizzing curls; creating sleek, swingy blowouts; and plumping up fine, limp hair for lasting volume." It leaves my hair unbelievably soft, manageable and frizz-free!
15) Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer is a really nice nourishing and hydrating moisturizer. It is no-frills, and makes no wild claims, and it does exactly what it's supposed to do.
16) Malin+Goetz Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer is a really nice thick and rich, yet oil-free, antioxidant moisturizer for the hands and body. I wouldn't mind having a full size bottle in my bathroom!
17) Radical Skincare Youth Infusion Serum is lovely serum from one of my favorite skincare lines. I have only used a sample, but that's enough to know that I would love a full-size bottle! It is designed to boost hydration and reduce the appearance of fine lines. My skin looks and feels amazing when I use it.
18) Colbert MD Intensify Facial Discs (Reviewed here): What a miraculous exfoliator this is.Skin is left unbelievably velvety soft and supple, and it is more like a gentle microdermabrasion treatment than a simple exfoliating pad. I will use these as long as Dr. Colbert makes them!
19-21) Assorted Samples: Lucky Number 6 for Women, Eslor The Art of Beauty Soothing Refiner & Cleanser and Firming Collagen Day Cream. Like with most sample packets, there just isn't enough product in them to form an opinion.
What did you use up, throw out, give away or return in May? Were there any real duds or winners that you have to report?
Press Samples, Gifts with Purchase and Purchased by me (Affiliate Links)
All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2015 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.