I have wanted to get a milk frother for a long time, and I prefer drinking a latte, cappuccino or café au lait to a cup of coffee with half & half. I knew that I wanted to buy a milk frother, and my research began with a simple stick frother that is submerged into the milk to the electric models. After researching the most reliable models I decided to buy the SMEG Milk Frother because it was very highly rated, and it didn't hurt that it was such an attractive appliance.
I prefer drinking oat milk in my lattes, and therefore the frother that I selected had to be effective with dairy and non-dairy milks, and this one definitely checked all of the boxes. Additionally, it has a cold and hot setting– which is handy if you like both iced and hot beverages.
Italian-based SMEG is known for its 1950s retro appliances that have been designed in collaboration with some of the world's top architects.
The SMEG Milk Frother is an electric milk frother with a stainless-steel carafe that skillfully combines iconic midcentury style with decidedly modern features. It boasts an induction heating system that rapidly heats and froths quickly producing a, "very smooth microfoam with billowy soft peaks." The frother also works with cold milk, and therefore can be used to make iced beverages as well.
I ended up purchasing mine from Nordstrom because I had a Nordstrom Note to redeem, but I contacted SMEG directly to see if Amazon was an authorized dealer (because I had a gift certificate to redeem from Amazon). Ultimately, I purchased mine from Nordstrom, but I was happy to learn that Amazon is an authorized SMEG dealer in case I want to buy another one of their countertop appliances in the future.
According to SMEG,
SMEG's milk frother can heat and froth milk to perfection: it's ideal for making cappuccino, latte macchiato, and flat whites, as well as for preparing instant drinks such as hot chocolate.
Alternatively, why not try your hand at latte art? The ergonomic handle guarantees great control, so you can create anything from ‘rosettas’ to ‘love hearts,’ and really impress your friends with dedicated creations.
Endowed with a total of 6 pre-set programs and a manual function, SMEG's milk frother can handle hot and cold drinks, with or without foam, thanks to the 2 whisks included: smooth and notched.
An icon for each program is clearly visible on the backlit control knob, alongside the start/stop button.
- Induction system for even heating and optimal milk assembly at all times.
- Multifunction knob allows selection of up to 6 preset programmes and a manual function. User-friendly controls and backlit knob make it easy to adjust.
- Dishwasher-safe stainless steel carafe, Ideal for preparing hot and cold drinks.
- The Smeg milk frother allows you to get a light or dense foam with hot and cold milk, to create a variety of recipes. Select from hot or cold milk with light or thick foam.
- Anti-slip feet provide stability during use.
- Tritan® lid with measuring cup. Tritan Renew has all the durability, quality and safety you expect from Tritan – now made with 50% certified recycled material.
- Built-in cord wrap.
- Designed in Italy and made in China.
$229.95 from Nordstrom, Williams Sonoma, Amazon, Crate & Barrel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, West Elm, Wayfair and Horchow (Affiliate Links). Purchased. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2023 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.