If you want to give your mom a Mother's Day gift to remember, instead of an object to wrap, then try an experience gift or a subscription.
Here are some nice gifts to consider, but depending on what happens with the Covid sub-variants, she may want to wait to redeem some of these gifts (depending on the Covid situation situation in your region).
1) Streaming Service Subscription: There are so many now, but some to consider are: Netflix, HBO Max, Prime Video, Hulu, Apple TV+, Disney+, BritBox and more.
2) Online Newspaper Subscription: to her favorite newspaper.
3) eBook Subscription: Such as Kindle, Scribd, Bookmate, etc.
4) Mani and Pedi: This may be the type of pampering that your mom won't do for herself, so this might just be a much appreciated treat.
5) Professional Facial: Another pampering splurge that your mom might not treat herself to.
6) Tickets to a Concert or Play: This is always a lovely way to spend the day together.
7) Tickets to a Museum: Check the museums in your area to see if there are particular exhibitions or permanent collections that would really interest her.
8) A Picnic at the Beach: This is such a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day together. Don't forget your beach umbrella, water and sunscreen.
9) A Trip to a Local Botanical Garden: This is such a beautiful way to spend the day together. Plus it is truly inspiring for everyone who loves to garden!
10) Afternoon Tea or High Tea: If your mom loves finger sandwiches, scones, teacakes and excellent tea, then this is a worthwhile splurge. Check your area for places that specialize in Afternoon or High Tea.