Press Sample (Unaffiliated Links)
Sunia K. Sabrah 100% Pure and Organic Prickly Pear Seed Oil is one of my latest luxury face oil discoveries, and the story behind the brand is one of inspiring empowerment. Sunia K., the woman behind the eponymously named skincare brand, is a busy working woman, who sought to prevent flare-ups of her psoriasis with effective and natural products that were simple to use. She began this journey in 2007, while living in Montreal, and during one of the coldest winters she experienced her worst case of psoriasis. Having tried traditional medications and lots of expensive beauty products to seek relief, none of which helped reduce the inflammation or offered her relief, Sunia decided to change her lifestyle (diet, exercise, clothing and household and beauty products) in an effort to reduce her inflammation and heal her psoriasis. Eventually her research led her to try the anti-oxidant-rich, lightweight and fast-absorbing Prickly Pear Seed Oil in order to stay hydrated and to help heal her skin, and soon thereafter Sunia K skincare was born.
Sunia K. Sabrah Oil Pure Prickly Pear Seed Oil is an ultra-lightweight single ingredient antioxidant-rich beauty oil that sinks into the skin effortlessly, and remarkably fast, without leaving behind a greasy residue. It deeply moisturizes the skin, leaves it silky smooth, and it helps to plump fine lines. Additionally, this formula is rich in fatty acids, Omegas 6 and 9, and Vitamins E and K. It deeply nourishes the skin, helps to fade hyperpigmentation and dark circles and helps to reduce inflammation, redness and soothe irritation and relieves itching. Furthermore, it helps to regulate sebum production and is suitable for most types of skin including very sensitive skin types. Skin is left healthy, balanced and luminous. It should be noted that it neither contains essential oils, nor many hidden artificial fragrances, but instead its light and rather nutty aroma is simply the 100% Opuntia Ficus Indica Oil (Prickly Pear) itself. This oil is very concentrated– therefore a few drops is all that you need for your face, neck and décolleté. When applied to warm, damp and freshly cleansed skin even less oil can be used. Therefore, while expensive, this 1.7 oz. bottle should last a very long time.
- Hydrates, moisturizes, softens and plumps dry & mature skin
- Prevents and reduces wrinkles, dark spots and sun damage
- Brightens under-eye circles
- Calms overactive sebum glands to reduce acne
- Soothes the itch and irritation of eczema, psoriasis and rosacea
- Reduces redness and hypersensitivity
- Instantly helps skin look and feel fresh, radiant and nourished
Our light-weight prickly pear seed oil is sustainably sourced from our eco-certified organic grower in Zelfène, Tunisia, known as the ideal climate to grow prickly pears. Sabrah Oil absorbs quickly into your skin, leaving no greasy residue, yet packs so many nutrients into each drop that some skin care experts are calling it ‘Liquid Gold’.
Sabrah Oil is exceptionally high in Vitamins E and K, essential fatty acids, and powerful antioxidants called betalains that nourish, soothe and balance all skin types, especially dry, mature skin and hypersensitive skin. Tunisians love to eat the antioxidant-rich prickly pear fruit to stay healthy and hydrated during the summer. Just as the cactus has evolved to protect itself from dryness and heat, the oil from its seeds offers a similar defense, resulting in skin, hair and nails that are smooth and moisturized.
...Sabrah oil is composed of very small molecules which allows it to penetrate deeply into your skin. It’s specific and rare composition make it unique.You do not need much to get the benefits. Use one to three drops with every facial application and your bottle of 50 ml can last up to 6 months.
- All Sunia K. cosmetic oils are 100% pure and natural, sustainably sourced and packaged, and fairly produced. We have never and will never test products on animals.
- Because prickly pear seeds are only 5% oil, it takes one ton of fruit and ten full days of labor to carefully harvest and slowly cold-press one liter of pure oil— making it the most costly skincare oil to produce but one that contains the most concentrated nutrients for your skin. Only 2-3 drops are needed for each use.
- Your purchase helps to pay a fair salary to women and men who live in an area of Tunisia with over 40% unemployment, reducing poverty, empowering women, and strengthening community.
- Unlike the strong-smelling cheaper brands that are often macerated with cactus flowers or fruits or extracted with chemicals to save costs, Sabrah Oil is 100% pure cold-pressed seed oil. Its light, nutty scent may remind you of sun and fresh-cut hay.
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2018 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.
Definitely a luxury oil, but it sounds marvelous and it helps to do good with every purchaseReplyDelete
It really is! I love their philanthropic objectives, too!Delete
I like that it has omegas in it. I need to give it a try!ReplyDelete
Another Prickly Pear product, I just recently heard what a great skincare product this is.ReplyDelete
Yes, and this one is a single ingredient oil unlike that last one that I reviewed. Prickly Pear is wonderful in skincare!Delete
This sounds like a lovely oil. I had no idea that Prickly Pear was so difficult to get the ingredients from. You would want to just use a small amount so it's good that it's so effective.ReplyDelete
It really is a lovely oil. I know, it's fascinating what they have to do to extract the ingredients from the Prickly Pear! Thankfully it is very concentrated, so only a small amount is needed for great results.Delete
I've been playing with a different brand of prickly pear seed oil, and I love how well it works as a humectant. It's a bit too heavy for my combo skin so I dilute it in sea buckthorn and jojoba oil, and it works really well for me that way!ReplyDelete
Hi Anastasia, Which brand are you using. It's very interesting that yours is too heavy and needs to be diluted for better results. This one is quite lightweight. I am so glad to hear that yours works so well for you!Delete
I loved Sabrah, too:ReplyDelete
Isn't it a lovely oil? :-)Delete