Press Sample & Purchased (Affiliate Links)
As I have noted in recent Empties posts, I have streamlined my process for finishing up skin and body care products in order to mitigate waste, and to ensure that I recycle all of the packaging. It is so simple, and effective, and I cannot sufficiently underscore the extent to which it satisfies me each month when I recycle so many plastic and glass containers. I rummage through all of my drawls and cabinets and select partially/largely used products, place them in plain view, and then I am naturally inclined to actually use them. I have also noted that my greatest success occurs with the products that I place in, and near, the shower. These items tend to get heavier use because my husband also reaches for them– thereby speeding up their inevitable trip to the recycle bin.
Here are the things that I used up in March:
1) Weleda Jardin de Vie Rose Eau de Parfum: The scent is a delectably peppery rose that is neither too sweet, nor too spicy. The ylang yang adds some earthy richness and texture to the sweetness of the rose– which is further modifies by the spicy peppery effects. The overall impression, after dry-down, is a more complex spicy, warm rose. I am absolutely smitten, and it is a must-have for rose enthusiasts.
2) Farmhouse Fresh Whoopie Cream Body Wash: This body wash has a creamy consistency, forms lovely bubbles and it smells delectable. It thoroughly cleanses the skin, but the sulfate-free formula is gentle and thoroughly non-stripping. Instead, skin is left soft, smooth and moisturized. I want another bottle!
3) Juara Candlenut Body Cream: This is an very rich and ultra-luxe body cream that leaves skin moisturized, soft and velvety smooth, and the nutty aroma is delectable. I definitely need another jar!
4) Marvis Whitening Mint Toothpaste: This refreshing toothpaste gently whitens teeth, and the delightful minty fresh taste is addictive. This is probably my all-time favorite toothpaste, and there is a full-size tube in my future.
5) Soapberry Hair Lather: This is a very nice, and ultra-gentle and non-stripping shampoo. Furthermore, it leaves hair soft and shiny. I am already using a full-size bottle.
6) Soapberry Body Wash: This non-stripping body wash thoroughly cleanses the skin and leaves it soft and moisturized. I also love to use it to shave my legs and under arms! I a already using a full size bottle!Alchimie Forever Gentle Antioxidant Refining Scrub: This scrub not only brightens and evens out skin tone, but it does so while simultaneously nourishing and softening the skin. This gentle scrub is formulated for all skin types, but addresses the specific needs of "sensitive or sensitized skin." It is the dual action of the physical and enzyme exfoliants that make this such a highly effective scrub. The physical exfoliating particles lift dead skin cells while the enzymes dissolve them. I like to apply the scrub to slightly damp skin and allow it to sit for a few minutes like a mask in order for it loosen and dissolve some of the excess dead skin before I employ the physical exfoliants by gently massaging it on my face. The end result is gloriously soft, smooth, exfoliated skin that glows. It is so gentle and effective that I can use it twice a week without traumatizing my skin in any way. I would definitely use this again, but I need to finish up a pile of already open face scrubs before purchasing any more.
8) Dr. Brandt XYY Foaming Cleanser: This luscious, antioxidant-rich liquid cleanser transforms into a rich foam that effectively dissolves dirt, makeup and excessive oils. In addition to protecting the skin against free radicals, it gently and thoroughly cleanses the skin without stripping it in the least bit. In fact, skin is left ultra soft, smooth, supple and lightly hydrated. The formula is very concentrated- therefore be careful not dispense a full pump because it is far more product than you will need for your face, neck and décolleté. I would happily use this again.
9) Biore Baking Soda Cleansing Scrub: This is a water activated powder cleanser/exfoliator that gently removes dead skin cells without any stripping.In fact, you cannot over scrub because the scrubbing particles dissolve while softening the skin. It leaves skin soft and silky smooth after a single use. I already have a replacement bottle! I always have a bottle in my shower because it is that good!
10) La Mer The Cleansing Gel: This is a lightly lathering gentle gel cleanser that never strips the skin, but it thoroughly cleans, and it leaves skin unbelievably soft. It works beautifully alone or with a cleaning device like the FOREO LUNA or Clarisonic. I would happily use this cleanser again!
evanhealy Rose Geranium Facial Tonic HydroSoul: evanhealy Rose Geranium Face Tonic HydroSoul is a refreshing revelation that leaves skin delightfully soft and hydrated when used alone, but when paired with face oils it is an even more amazing performer of miracles in its ability to aid in their rapid absorption. I find myself spritzing this lovely tonic on my face throughout the day for a delightful pick-me-up, and the scent and experiential quality is always mood elevating. Aside from how it makes one feel it also must be hailed for its ability to hydrate the skin and promote cell repair.
12) Phyto-C Velvet Gel: Phyto-C Skincare Velvet Gel is a nourishing vitamin-rich hydrating gel-based serum that was developed to nourish, heal and hydrate the skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is a gorgeous shade of pink, but imparts no color to the skin.
It sinks into the skin quickly leaving it immediately feeling soft, supple and velvety smooth. This antioxidant and vitamin rich formula, while very light, imparts superior hydration thanks to the Hyaluronic Acid. Fine lines are plumped and skin is left with the highly sought after ethereal glow. What I didn't really expect was that the combination of ingredients, which includes retinol, actually faded areas of sun damage on my décolleté after consistent use.
13) vbeauté Lite Up Intense Brightening Agent: Lite Up is was created to lighten, brighten, and fade spots from sun damage. It encourages skin cell turnover revealing fresh and more youthful skin. This antioxidant-rich serum not only helps to eliminate damage caused by exposure to the sun, but it also fights free-radicals that cause cellular damage in the first place. It also gives my skin added hydration, which makes my skin look and feel soft and supple with a luminous glow from within.
14) vbeauté Undercover Agent Anti-Wrinkle Protecting Serum: This serumI have definitely made my skin hydrated and radiant. My fine expression lines seemed more refined and far less noticeable.
15) Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater: Mario Badescu's Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater is the perfect refreshing treat for the skin and the senses! It hydrates skin, feels great, and smells like roses! I use it any time of the day, but for an added treat I store it in the refrigerator for the most refreshing spritz of hydrating rose happiness during the warm weather! I have even set my makeup with this lovely and refreshing infusion, and it does an amazing job. I already opened a new bottle!
16) Rodan + Fields Redefine Triple Defense Treatment Broad Spectrum SPF 30: is a lightweight fast absorbing daily moisturizer that has a fresh delicate scent that dissipates quickly upon application. The sunscreen leaves behind no white cast that interferes with makeup, and it offers highly effective sun protection.
17) Arbonne RE9 Night Repair Crème: This is a very thick and rich nighttime cream that deeply hydrates the skin while you sleep. It is very concentrated, therefore I warm a tiny amount in my hands before massaging it into warm, freshly cleansed skin. The following morning I note that my skin is soft, smooth, hydrated and luminous. It has no detectable scent, and it feels so wonderful on the skin.
18) LA PEAU Day Cream-Gel: Hydrating Complex: What an astoundingly effective moisturizer this is! The lightweight gel-texture feels emollient and moisturizing against the skin, and it sinks in exceedingly quickly– while leaving behind no greasy residue. One might think that they need to add more product to bolster moisture, because of its quick disappearing act, but that simply isn't the case. Instead, this hard working cream-gel immediately bolsters moisture levels and leaves skin soft, supple, smooth, hydrated, firm and glowing. Fine lines are notably softened, and skin looks and feels healthy and even in tone.
So Clean So Fresh Make-Up Remover Cleaning Towelettes: I carried these wipes in my travel bag, and found them quite effective. I would definitely use these again, but I am currently swimming in lots of different facial wipes and won't need to purchase any for quite a while.
20) Savvy TAKE Off All-in_One Facial Wipes: I have only just begun testing these wipes, but I really love that they are individually packaged– making them perfect for travel!
Cibu Color Conditioner ($20.00 for 13.5 oz from Cibu): Cibu is not exaggerating in their claim that this is an ultra-hydrating conditioner. In fact, this tames my naturally curly hair so much that I can easily get a comb through it without the need for a detangler or a leave-in conditioner. That may not sound like a big deal, but trust me when I say that it is when it comes to my hair! Not only does this conditioner lengthen the life of hair color, but it leaves my hair soft and shiny. It has the same fruity floral scent as the shampoo, but I find that the scent also fades quickly.
22-23) 365 Lavender Blend and Fragrance Free Shampoo: Whole Foods Market 365 Shampoos and Conditioners ($4.95 each for 16 oz. and $7.99 for 32 oz. from Whole Foods Market): The Whole Foods Market's 365 Everyday Value line of shampoos and conditioners are really fantastic quality, and they were revamped earlier in the year making them even better than before. They are very affordable, and you can pick them up easily if you shop at Whole Foods.
24) éprouvage Gentle Volume Shampoo: This is a gentle, non-stripping shampoo that leaves hair with a more natural volume and fullness without appearing overdone. I do not require volumizing since my naturally curly hair has plenty of volume on its own, but if you have fine, limp hair this is a great option.
25) éprouvage Gentle Volume Conditioner: This conditioner offers the perfect solution for people with fine, limp hair who seek hydration that won't weigh down limp tresses and make them appear lifeless. This conditioner gives hair added body, volume, hydration, and it effectively detangles hair.
26) PHYTO PARIS Huile Suprême Rich Smoothing Oil is a rich oil that deeply nourishes dry hair, tames frizz and fly-aways, and leaves hair ultra-manageable, soft and shiny. It can be applied to wet or dry hair, and works beautifully whether used before blow frying or air drying. If you have curly hair, as I do, Huile Suprême defines curls to perfection. It has a light and pleasant scent, but it dissipates soon after application. I need to pick up another bottle because I really miss using it already!
Sunscreen: I discovered that these partially used sunscreens had all expired, and therefore I empties what was left in each bottle and recycled them. Now that the weather is warming up, I urge you to go through all of your sunscreens from last season and earlier to check the dates. If they have expired, then it is most assuredly time to replace them. Given that I live in Los Angeles, I am very careful to wear sunscreen all of the time, and expired sunscreens offer no protection whatsoever.
What did you use up, toss out, give away or return in March? Are there any winners or duds to report?
Press Sample and Purchased. All views expressed are categorically my own (Affiliate Links).
Copyright © 2017 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.
Helen, you win the prize for most full size empties! Wow. And all those sunscreens you finished up. Very impressive. I am almost finished with my FHF Whoopie Shower Gel, and I'm crying already.ReplyDelete
I didn't actually finish up all of the sunscreens– I definitely used some of each, but then I noticed that they had expired– so I emptied the remainder and recycled them.Delete
Gosh, you emptied how much I usually finish up in three months! I want that Hello Kitty sunscreen. Cute!ReplyDelete
I would say that it looks more impressive than it actually is because most of these products were largely used up before I began finishing them up this month. Plus all of the sunscreens were partially used, and I emptied and recycled them because they all had expired. That said, I am really dedicated to reducing waste, and to recycling as much as I can– so I am thrilled to have recycled all of these containers this month!Delete
I'm attempting to follow your lead to use things up but I'll never catch up. You not only did a great job but you remember it all. (I have no memory lately)ReplyDelete
Putting those partial empties in plain sight is such an effective and efficient way to finish up lots of products– that is the only reason why I have been finishing up so many things each month! I think that your empties post last month was quite impressive!Delete
You used up so many products!! WOW!ReplyDelete
Hi Clara, I did manage to finish up a nice pile of products in March!Delete