Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
In the last couple of weeks I have received an unprecedented number of emails from loyal readers in college who specifically asked for high quality makeup recommendations at drugstore prices because they love makeup but have serious budgetary restrictions. Therefore, I decided to do a mega-post featuring Essence Cosmetics since the quality is fantastic and the line offers exemplary budget-friendly choices.All in One Bronzing Highlighter (Brunettes. Sun Glow) ($4.49 at Ulta): "Summer all year round! All in one: as a bronzer and a highlighter united in one Essence product, the all-in-one bronzing highlighter creates either gorgeous shimmer effects or a subtly tanned finish on your face and neckline - depending on the look you're going for. And it can even be used as eyeshadow! Several bronzing and highlighting shades are perfectly aligned to suit the skin tone of blondes and brunettes. The soft powder texture with a 3d embossment ensures a fresh summer complexion, even in the fall and wintertime!"
This is a fantastic multitasking product that can be used on the face, eyes and body! It is finely milled with a soft and silky consistency that effortlessly glides across the skin. It is a steal of a deal for the price, and you don't sacrifice a bit of quality. It is intended for brunettes and those with darker skin tones, but I think that it will appeal to a much larger range of skin tones than that.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Stearate, Bis-Diglycerylpolyacyladipate-1, Caprylyl Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Coumarin, May Contain: Ci 19140 (Yellow 5), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).
2) Metal Glam Eyeshadow in Frosted Apple (03), Coffee to Glow (02) and Jewel up the Ocean (01)($2.99 each at Ulta): "Metal meets glam from Essence Cosmetics! Metallic and shimmering effects on your eyes are the ultimate trend! The especially soft texture with extremely high coverage and metallic results creates expressive eye make-up guaranteed to be eye-catching! The range of colors is huge and sure to make every beauty's heart beat faster!"
The Metal Glam Eyeshadows are finely milled creamy dreamy shadows that have lovely pigmentation. The glittery surface, while an overspray, quickly reveals the glimmering shadows beneath. Each shade that I tried glides across the lids effortlessly, and they all offer buildable coverage. It will comes as no shock to you that my favorite is Coffee to Glow because it is a gorgeous creamy taupe, and trust me when I tell you that I will be hitting the pan on this beauty!
3) Stays No Matter What Eye Pencil & Shadow in Whipped White Frosting (07) and Gorgeous Grey (04) ($2.99 each at Ulta): "The soft, waterproof and extremely long-lasting texture lasts up to 16 hours and can be used as an eyeliner pencil and as an eyeshadow. The jumbo eye pencil & shadow is accurate, easy to apply and won't smudge. Available in six stays no matter what colors."
These beautiful and versatile two-in-one eye pencil/ eye shadows are creamy and buildable, but once they set they are utterly budge proof! They offer gorgeous saturation and buildable opacity with the precision of an eye pencil and the coverage of an eyeshadow! These are just wonderful!
Ingredients: Isododecane, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Silica, Mica, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).
4) Crystal Eyeliner in Twinkly Starlight (01) and Gold Rush (03) ($2.99 each at Ulta): "Sparkling moments, the long-lasting, gel-based texture of the crystal eyeliner from Essence with a high pigmentation creates amazing and luxurious glittering eyeliner styles! Extra tip: If you're going for amazing wow-highlights, the eyeliner can be used as a topping on your lashes, too! The brush applicator guarantees an accurate application. Available in a cool clubbing packaging."
While these sparkling glittery eyeliners are hardly office appropriate, they are most definitely party-ready! They are lots of fun to wear, and can turn the ordinary into the festive with a mere flick of the wrist! Makeup should be fun, and these are definitely a blast to play with!
5) Lash Mania Reload False Lash Mascara ($4.99 at Ulta): "Lashes with star appeal! The innovative elastomer brush by Essence with a star-shaped arrangement of blades accurately grips your lashes to give them a push-up effect. The result: lashes with extreme volume and a dramatic false-lash look. Secret tip: the LASH mania reloaded mascara offers perfect separation and can therefore also be used as a mascara topper. For all mascara maniacs. Ophthalmologist tested."
Lash Mania gives lashes serious volume with no effort at all. This is definitely a great alternative to false-lashes, and the look can be achieved in a fraction of the time!
6) Get BIG! Lashes Trip Black Mascara ($3.99 at Ulta): "Black, blacker, triple black! This is the deep black mascara in the popular get BIG! Lashes family by Essence. The large, innovative fiber brush offers maximum volume and adds density to your lashes. Its carbon black texture ensures an expressive look with a triple black effect! Ophthalmologist tested."
If you are looking for volume and a deep black mascara, then this is definitely a very affordable one to consider!
7) Longlasting Lisptick in On the Catwalk (04), Wear Berries (09) and Dare to be Nude (05) ($2.99 each): "Longlasting love… you simply have to fall in love with the longlasting lipsticks by Essence. the lipsticks provide your lips with intensive color for several hours without drying them out. You’re sure to find whatever you’re looking for – from bright pink to intensive red and chilled-out berry to subtle nude shades. the essence logo on the texture and the matte, black packaging with a ring of color to match the actual color of the lipstick are true eye-catchers!"
These brand new lipsticks are just stunning! The formula is long-lasting, the colors are richly saturated and buildable, and the formula is non-drying. Furthermore, they boast a gorgeous sheen!
Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Candelilla (Euphorbia Cerifera) Wax, Polyethylene, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tin Oxide, Parfum (Fragrance), May Contain: Ci 15850 (Red 6/Red 7 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 77491, Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).
Look at this rich glimmering goodness!
Left to Right: On the Catwalk, Wear Berries! and Dare to be Nude.
On the Catwalk is a gorgeous blue-based red.
Wear Berries! Is a luscious berry pink.
Dare to be Nude is a mid-tone caramel kissed nude,
Available from Walgreens and Ulta (Affiliate Links)
Press Samples. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2014 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.
They're definitely my favourite drugstore line. :)ReplyDelete
Hi Iris! It's hard to believe that one can find high quality products this great at drugstore prices! :)Delete
Oooh these look really good!!ReplyDelete
Hi Mysty!! They really are, and the prices are fantastic! I'm always so thrilled to discover drugstore brands that make fantastic quality products! :DDelete