radically reduce redness and inflammation, while providing an alternative anti-aging system for those with sensitive skin who, for instance, cannot tolerate active retinol based products. Therefore, if you have sensitive skin and can't use Stimulant III Perfecting Stem Cell Serum (reviewed here) then Stimulant II is just what you have been looking for.
Radically Reduces Redness and Inflammation due to Rosacea, Couperose, Post-Treatment, Post-Sun. Fights UV induced DNA damage. EGF, Ursolic Acid, Niacinamide, + Gotu Kola Stem Cells provide an alternative, corrective anti-aging system for those who cannot tolerate retinoids and chemical peels. Dramatically improves skin clarity.
Enriched with Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica) Stem Cells. Skin types that do not have red tones will also reap anti-aging benefits. EGF, which thickens the skin to mask broken capillaries, will lend a more youthful, denser skin. Ursolic Acid dramatically fights UV damage, Niacinamide (max amount: 4%) is considered anti-acne as well as a great radiance enhancer. Paraben Free.
While I neither have Couperose (broken capillaries) nor Rosacea, I was interested in Stimulant II for its anti-aging benefits because while I use Stimulant III religiously, it can only be used at night (because of the high concentration of retinol). Stimulant II also works wonders after a peel- as it knocks down the redness and inflammation with remarkable efficacy. However, I had one specific experience that made me a true believer in Stimulant II. On one very sunny LA day last summer I was sitting in the backyard reading, and while I was under an umbrella and slathered with sunscreen, time slipped away from me. When I went inside I saw that part of my chest had become sunburned (I have light Olive skin- therefore I tend to tan, not burn). I thought that I would cut a leaf off of my aloe plant and put it all over the overexposed area, but then I remembered that Stimulant II was supposed to do wonders to counteract the effects of solar radiation-- and a sunburn to the chest was the perfect way to put it to the test! So I pumped a generous amount into my hand a rubbed it into my sunburned chest, and then went about my day. A couple of hours later I took a look at my sunburn and was shocked to see that it was no longer red, I mean there was no evidence of a sunburn whatsoever! This is one seriously powerful and effective serum! Don't be mislead into thinking that just because Stimulant II is gentle enough for very sensitive skin types that it must also be marginally effective. I am now a big believer in this product!
1) Radically reduces redness, irritation and inflammation. Evens out skin tone.
2) Heals irritated inflamed skin even for people with very sensitive skin.
3) Fantastic treatment for post-sun exposure. It helps neutralize DNA damage caused by the sun before the damage is really done.
4) Densifies the skin- which is particularly helpful to thinning aging skin.
5) Wonderful for post-laser, post- microdermabrasion treatments
Sunday Riley's suggested use:
Great to use in the morning or post-treatment, post-sun. For more serious redness, use morning and evening. If you have had too much sun exposure recently (beach holiday, hot climate, ski holiday, etc), wash face post-exposure and apply Stimulant II mixed with a pump of Juno to restore the skin and fight UV damage before it sets in.
Stimulants can be applied in two ways:
1. Direct Hyper Serum: They can be applied directly to the skin, as a hyper-concentrated serum. First step, post-cleansing. More than one stimulant can be applied.
2. Adaptive, Personalized Skincare: They can be mixed-in with any other product (creams, serums, SPF, etc) to create a customized, tailor-made version of the original product. For example: For a customer who refuses to change their existing cream, we can offer to ADAPT their cream, creating a personalized version - by mixing the appropriate Stimulant(s) in with the cream, blending the two in the palm of the hand, and patting on.
1) EGF (liposomes) - increases skin thickness to camouflage broken capillaries too close to skin’s surface
2) Gotu Kola Stem Cells - Evens and improves skin tone, densifies the skin. Anti-inflammatory.
3) Niacinamide (4%) - Anti-acne, anti-inflammatory, inhibits skin pigmentation, increases skin translucence and clarity. Smooths out fine lines and wrinkles.
4) Ursolic Acid - Extreme Anti-inflammatory, relieves redness, anti-tumor (skin cancer), and antimicrobial properties, restores skin collagen and elasticity. Corrects DNA damage and neutralizes sun damage before it sets in.
5) Neutrazen 2% - Restores skin sensitivity threshold, neurocosmetic, anti-irritant
6) Palmitoyl Dipeptide-10 - Wound healing
7) Oxygen - Healing
8) Carnosine (L) - Dipeptide, quells inflamed, hyper-reactive skin and protect underlying blood vessels and free nerve endings
9) Guaiazulene - active in chamomile, extremely calming
10) Caffeine - Stimulant that promotes circulation and increases blood flow, anti-inflammatory, vasorestrictor resulting in reduced redness and puffiness
11) Anti-Redness complex (Bisabolol, Horse Chestnut, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, EGCG, Asiatic Acid)
12) Beta-Glucan - Skin immune cell macrophage activation, protects and moisturizes, promotes healing through cell turnover, stimulates collagen synthesis, anti-oxidant
13) Boswellia Serrata - Anti-inflammatory, stimulates cellular regeneration, soothing to dry and irritated skin
14) Phytosphingosine - Reduces the signs of acne, inhibits the growth of micro-organisms on the skin, reduces redness and inflamed skin
15) Turmeric - Antioxidant, healing, anti-inflammatory
16) Magnolia Bark - Anti-Inflammatory
17) Feverfew - Anti-inflammatory through inhibition of proinflammatory cytokines, good for inflamed acne skins, reduces redness, calming, soothes irritated and dry skin
18) Allantoin - Healing
Full list of ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Perfluorodecalin, Niacinamide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Olivate, rh-Oligopeptide-1 (EGF), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-8, Centella Asiatica Meristem Cell Culture, Ursolic Acid, Atelocollagen, Bisabolol (L-alpha), Caffeine, Sorbitan Olivate, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Magnolia Grandiflora Bark Extract, Allantoin, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Carnosine (L), Phytophingosine, Alcohol, Guaiazulene, Boswellia Carterii (Frankincense) Oil, Beta-Glucan (D), Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Horse Chestnut Powder, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Epigallocatechin Gallate, Curcuma Longa (Tumeric) Root Extract, Asiatic Acid, Boswellic Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Yeast Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Opuntia Vulgaris (Prickly Pear) Leaf Extract, Agave Tequilana (Blue Agave) Leaf Extract, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Lecithin, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Dextran, Butylene Glycol, Gluconolactone
Overall assessment: An amazingly powerful and gentle serum that means business! A must have for me!
1 fl. oz. $295.00 at Barneys New York