I have been collecting Le Creuset for many years now, but the one piece that I have always wanted is the Le Creuset Signature Heart Cocotte, and I have yet to get it! My close friend has it in red, and I love using it at his house. Everything about it is wonderful. It is currently available in red, pink and black.
It is pricey at $200.00, but it is made in France with the same high quality standards that you expect from Le Creuset.
According to Le Creuset,
The Heart Cocotte features a classic heart shape with a lovely stainless steel knob. It’s the perfect size for sharing casseroles, desserts and breads with your sweetheart. Lovingly crafted from our legendary cast iron, the Heart Cocotte has exceptional heat distribution and retention qualities to lock in flavor, and large loop handles designed for easy lifting from oven to table. The colorful enameled surface minimizes sticking and staining, requires no pre-seasoning, and is easy-to-clean..
Enameled cast-iron construction offers superior heat-retention and requires no additional seasoning.
- Enamel interior resists staining, dulling, and wear and tear.
- 9 3/4" x 7 1/2" x 5 1/2" high (including handles).
- 2-qt. cap.
- 6 lb. 9 oz. with lid.
- Open handles provide secure grip for transport.
- Heavy, tight-fitting lid seals in moisture so food emerges tender and juicy.
- Compatible with all stovetops, including induction.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.