As I noted yesterday, I hurt my foot removing a dead tree from my yard last weekend, and my Arnicare Bruise Relief (Reviewed HERE) prevented me from unsightly bruising, and the swelling was radically reduced by icing my foot. However, my foot still hurts because apparently it was hit harder than I realized. My sense of determination to finish the task at hand delayed my response to the injury that I sustained from the business end of a pick-ax.
Last night I switched to Boiron Arnicare Roll-On Pain Relief since there is no longer bruising or swelling to contend with, but just the pain at the site of the injury. Let me tell you, my foot hurts so much less. This roll on gel, that offers temporary pain relief, is lightweight, non-greasy, residue-free, fast-absorbing and odorless. It has a light and pleasant cooling effect on the skin, and really does a great job relieving pain. It goes without saying that you should consult with your doctor if you are injured, but my injury wasn't serious enough to warrant a trip to the doctor.
According to Boiron,
Boiron Arnicare Roll-on gel relieves muscle pain, stiffness, swelling from injuries, and bruises.* This homeopathic medicine made from a mountain daisy is odorless. The no-mess roll-on applicator keeps hands clean, making this non-greasy gel even more convenient to apply on-the-go.
Made with fresh mountain daisies (Arnica montana) from the French Alps, Boiron Arnicare Roll-on gel relieves everyday muscle aches and pains without a traditional strong medicine smell. Use it at the first sign of back, neck, knee, shoulder, and leg pain; stiffness; swelling from injuries; bruising; or after a surgery.* The no-mess roll-on applicator keeps hands clean, making this non-greasy gel even more convenient to apply on-the-go. The water-based gel cools and refreshes on contact. It is absorbed quickly by the skin, leaving no residue. As a homeopathic medicine it does not contain menthol, camphor, methyl salicylate, capsaicin, fragrances, dyes, or parabens. It won’t mask symptoms of a more serious condition.
- The single active ingredient is Arnica montana, a mountain daisy.
- No traditional strong medicine smell; free of fragrances, dyes, and parabens.
- Massaging roller ball makes application convenient anywhere anytime.
- Residue-free: non-sticky, non-greasy, and water-based.
- Absorbed quickly by the skin.
Active Ingredients**: Arnica montana 1X HPUS-7% —Trauma, muscle pain & stiffness, swelling from injuries, discoloration from bruising. The letters HPUS indicate that this ingredient is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States. Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol, Carbomer, Purified water, Sodium hydroxide.
Directions: Apply a thin layer of Arnicare Roll-on to affected area and massage gently 3 times a day or as needed. If heat or ice is applied, wait 5 minutes before applying.
- For external use only.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes, damaged skin, or wounds.
- Do not use if you are allergic to Arnica montana or to any of this product’s inactive ingredients.
- When using this product, use only as directed; do not bandage tightly or use a heating pad or ice.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if condition persists for more than 3 days or worsens.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.Overall Assessment: This is another staple in my drawer filled with homeopathic remedies. A+