My mom used Arnica gel or oil on us when we were kids the second that we bumped into something hard enough to leave a bruise. Therefore, as an adult this tried and true way to avoid unsightly bruising has been a normal part of my life. Arnica gel or oil is an essential item in my medicine cabinet, and just this weekend I had the need to use it. I was removing a dead tree stump in my backyard when my tool slipped a bit and hit my foot. While it didn't cause any bleeding, it really did hurt, and before I knew it, it was red and beginning to swell. I rubbed in Boiron Arnicare Bruise, which is a fast-absorbing and residue-free gel, and then iced my foot. The ice and elevation of my foot brought the swelling down quickly, but the Arnica Bruise prevented the formation of what would have been one mighty bruise. I imagine that I would have an unsightly purple bruise if I hadn't treated my foot immediately.
According to Boiron,
Boiron Arnicare Bruise gel spot treats discoloration, swelling, and pain from tender and unsightly black- and-blue marks.* This homeopathic medicine is made from a mountain daisy. It’s a simple solution for those who bruise easily or often, including women, active adults and children, seniors, users of certain medications, and patients recovering from surgery.
For those who bruise easily or often, including women, active adults and children, seniors, and users of certain medications, there’s Boiron Arnicare Bruise. This homeopathic medicine is made from mountain daisies (Arnica montana). The cooling gel spot treats the discoloration, swelling, and pain of tender and unsightly black-and-blue marks,* including those resulting after surgeries or cosmetic procedures. It’s best when used soon after impact. This non-greasy, water-based formula is absorbed quickly by the skin, leaving no residue. It’s free of fragrances, dyes, and parabens. Great for bruises on legs.
- Reduces pain, swelling and discoloration from bruises.*
- Non-greasy; Quickly absorbed by the skin
- The single active ingredient is Arnica montana, a mountain daisy.
- Best when used soon after impact.
- Absorbed quickly by the skin; a good immediate first-aid treatment on a sports field.
- Odorless and free of fragrances, dyes, and parabens.
- Residue-free: non-sticky, non-greasy, and water-based.
- Cool and refreshing upon contact.
Active Ingredient:**Arnica montana 1X HPUS-7% —Reduces pain & swelling and discoloration from bruising. The letters HPUS indicate that this ingredient is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States.
Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol, Carbomer, Purified water, Sodium hydroxide
Directions: Apply a thin layer to affected area and massage gently as soon as possible after minor bruise. Repeat 3 times a day or as needed.
- For external use only.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes, damaged skin or wounds.
- Do not use if you are allergic to Arnica montana or to any of this product’s inactive ingredients.
- When using this product, use only as directed; do not bandage tightly or use a heating pad.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if condition persists for more than 3 days or worsens.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.Overall Assessment: I highly recommend this Arnica bruise gel, and Boiron is a brand that my family has trusted since I was just a little kid!
$6.92-$10.49 for 1.5 oz. from Boiron, CVS, Amazon and Walmart (Affiliate Links). Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own. Copyright © 2021 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.