Purchased & Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
I managed to finish up a decent number of products in the month of October, and I wanted to share the highlights with you. Here is what I used up:
1) Tula Purifying Cleanser ($28.00 for 6.7 oz. from Tula, Nordstrom, Ulta and Neiman Marcus): While I only had a deluxe sample of this cleanser, I used it in my travel bag and found that it thoroughly cleaned my skin without drying or stripping. I have used lots of other products from Tula, and find their probiotic range of skincare quite effective. Purchase Again? I am currently swimming in facial cleansers, and it will be a long time before I need to purchase any, but I would consider buying this one when the time comes.
2) African Botanics Neroli Infused Marula Oil ($120.00 for 1 oz. from African Botanics, Dermstore, Violet Grey, Credo Beauty, Net-A-Porter, Neiman Marcus, Bluemercury and Cult Beauty): This glorious lightweight oil is fast absorbing and deeply nourishing. It smells divine, and imparts an unbelievable healthy glow. African Botanics Neroli Infused Marula Oil remains one of my all-time favorite oils because it keeps my skin perfectly balanced, deeply nourished and moisturized, and with an unbelievable luminosity and clarity. It is so nourishing and moisturizing, in fact, that I am able to forgo an added moisturizing cream at night. I have even used this as my sole moisturizer during the day and my skin looked and felt amazing. I often add a few drops to my foundations and tinted moisturizers and it most definitely enhances their effects. Purchase Again? YES! While I have finished up my travel sizes of this miracle elixir, I have a full bottle in rotation, and I will replace it as soon as I need another one. This remains one of my holiest of holy grail face oils!
3) Sisley Paris Black Rose Precious Face Oil ($235.00 for 0.84 oz./ 25 ml. from Nordstrom, Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's, Selfridges (£136.00), Liberty London (£136.00), Harvey Nichols (£143.00) and John Lewis (£136.00). This is an antioxidant-rich anti-aging dry oil that is rich in Omegas 3 and 6, and it offers a very high concentration of active ingredients. This silky-smooth elixir sinks in quickly and deeply nourishes the skin, and one of the most immediately obvious effects is that skin is left feeling like velvet to the touch. This luscious velvet rose miracle is a joy to the senses because the tactile effects coupled with the glorious rich rose scent makes its use a truly extraordinary sensory experience.
I apply a few drops of this luxurious oil to my warm and freshly cleansed face, neck and décolleté and it sinks in immediately. My skin is immediately left deeply moisturized and nourished, and it is rendered soft, supple and glowing. Furthermore, my skin appears even in tone, lifted, and my fine lines are softened and plumped. Purchase again? Absolutely, even though I have many open bottles of luxury face oils open– it's really that good.
4) evanhealy Rosehip Treatment Facial Serum ($34.95 for 0.5 oz. from evanhealy and Amazon): This stunning amber elixir is nothing short of a miraculous achievement in my assessment because it is tremendously lightweight and fast absorbing, but it is likewise among the most nourishing and hydrating oils that I have ever tried. Not only does it plump fine lines and fade hyperpigmentation, but it also evens skin tone and balances the skin. Furthermore, skin is left with an unmistakable ethereal glow that one comes to expect from the highest quality luxury face oils, but in this case at a fraction of the price, and it does so without sacrificing a thing. It is an utter delight to use, and the heavenly rose scent is just divine. Purchase Again? Definitely, this is a first-rate face oil.
5) The Organic Pharmacy Rose Plus Marine Collagen Anti-Aging Complex ($235.00 for oz. from Nordstrom, Barneys New York, Bloomingdale's and Selfridges): This intensive anti-aging treatment lifts, firms, nourishes, protects, and renews skin without any harsh chemical compounds.
I have also found that Rose Plus Marine Collagen Complex is moisturizing to the extent that during the warmer months I don't find it necessary to use an additional moisturizer for my normal-combination skin. Rose Marine Plus Collagen Complex has a light scent that is a toned down quasi floral/rose that dissipates soon after application. Purchase Again? Absolutely!
6) Sponge Skincare Gel Katharistiko Cleanser (Their website is no longer online): Sponge Skincare products were made in Greece by a family who had been making natural skincare products for more than thirty years. Among the key ingredients used by Sponge is olive oil, Vitamins D & E, and organic and wild crafted herbs. This wonderfully aromatic, and hydrating cleanser, cleans without stripping and leaves skin soft, hydrated and nourished. Luckily I had backup bottle that I will thoroughly enjoy, but I miss the days when I could buy their products at Barneys New York. Purchase Again? I would in a second. I really hope that they didn't go out of business because their skincare products were absolutely extraordinary.
7) Le Couvent des Minimes 3 in 1 Micellar Water (Reviewed here): I love love love this delicious rose scented Micellar Water! It effectively and gently removes makeup from face, lips and eyes, and leaves skin soft and smooth! I went to purchase another bottle and discovered that their website no longer exists. I did a little further digging and it appears as though L'Occitane has sold this company. I hope that this product becomes available again, because I really loved it! Purchase Again? Without question, if it becomes available again.
Artnaturals Lavender Essential Oil ($29.95 for 4 oz from Amazon and iHerb): Artnaturals has a large selection of essential oils, and I have a large collection of them. Their products are consistently high in quality and they are always a pleasure to use. Purchase Again? I just opened another bottle of Lavender Essential Oil, but would definitely buy more from this brand when the time comes.
9) Aroma Foundry Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (Regularly $18.00 for .5 fl oz from Aroma Foundry and Aroma Foundry Amazon Store): I love using Ylang Ylang on my wrists, and in my diffuser before I fall asleep because it has a tremendous calming and relaxing effect. Its unique earthy, quasi-floral aroma is one that I find utterly hypnotic. Purchase Again? I have numerous essential oils from Aroma Foundry, and would definitely purchase more from them. Their Ylang Ylang is one of my favorites!
10) Yuni Muscle Recovery Gel ($17.00 for 2 oz. from Yuni, Target, Ulta and The Detox Market): This gel gives serious relief to aching muscles, tendons, and ligaments that are sore or overworked. The peppermint oil eases pain, offers relief to tired muscles, and the effective anti-inflammatory properties of the Arnica heal bruising while reducing inflammation. Purchase Again? Definitely!
11) African Botanics Detoxifying Salt & Sugar Body Scrub ($55.00 for 6.76 oz. from African Botanics, Nordstrom, Net-A-Porter, Violet Grey, Blue Mercury and Neiman Marcus): This is an antioxidant-rich body scrub that gently and effectively eliminates dead skin cells while it increases blood flow– which accelerates the removal of toxins. The exfoliating particles, which are comprised of raw cane sugar and mineral-rich pink Himalayan crystal salt, densely populate the oil-infused formula, and they do an exemplary job removing dead skin cells. These particles are not jagged, and therefore do not damage or traumatize the skin, and they naturally dissolve against the skin– unlike scrubs with synthetic particles that pollute the waterways. The warm, Neroli and Grapefruit aroma is delectable and calming– while the formula is itself ultra-nourishing. Once the sugar and salt dissolve, a thin veil of nourishing oils coat the skin and offer it deep moisture, and stunning luminosity. Unlike many oil-based body scrubs, African Botanics Marula Detoxifying Salt & Sugar Body Scrub thankfully does not leave an oil-slick on the shower floor. Without fail, once I emerge from the shower, my skin is left ultra soft, silky-smooth, supple, hydrated and luminous. The formula is so gently and soothing that it is suitable for all types of skin. Purchase Again? Without question. This is one of the very best scrubs that I have ever used!
12) Senteurs D'Orient Tuberose Soap ($36.00 for 7.2 oz. from Net-A-Porter): I have previously waxed poetic about the wonders of Senteurs d'Orient's truly amazing handcrafted luxury soaps (Reviewed HERE, HERE and HERE), and unsurprisingly feel equally effusive about their Tuberose Hammam Soap. The Senteurs d' Orient Hammam soaps are the most beautiful soaps imaginable. From the gorgeous design of the soap itself to the otherworldly aroma of the creamy, delectable Tuberose used to make this ultra-luxe bar. The rich and creamy lather gently cleanses the skin without stripping it, while the beautiful aroma delights the senses. This gorgeous soap is suspended on a rope– which allows it to effectively dry out between uses. This is the perfect hostess gift, holiday gift or gift for yourself, and I assure you that the recipient will be thrilled by this gorgeous gem of a soap. Purchase Again? Yes, definitely! Their soaps are on my holiday gift-giving list, and I have already opened a fresh bar for myself!
Overall Assessment: I would love to hear what you used up, tossed out, gave away or returned this month. Were there any winners that are worth considering? Any big misses to avoid? Do tell!
Purchased and Press Sample (Affiliate Links).
All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2019 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.