Sunday, September 1, 2019
Sunday Sun Day Series: Labor Day Weekend Tips
1) Make sure to have plenty of high SPF sunscreen on hand, and be sure to reapply it frequently. It might be worth using an SPF that is water-resistant or waterproof if you will be swimming, or sweating a lot in the hot sun.
2) Remember a wide-brim hat and sunglasses to give yourself more protection from the sun.
3) Consider UV protected clothing. SPF/UPF garments will bolster your SPF protection– and they are particularly useful if you will be outdoors for long periods of time.
4) If you are going to be celebrating Labor Day in an area with mosquitoes, then you might consider a good bug spray. I reach for DEET-free, water-resistant and non-flammable varieties.
5) Pack plenty of water to stay hydrated!
6) Consider using a hyaluronic serum before you leave the house to add, and retain, hydration to your skin.
7) If you are going somewhere like the beach or a park, and you will be in an area without shade, then it is worth investing in a portable beach umbrella– you will be glad that you did!
8) Have a wonderful time!