Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
Whether you are looking for affordable, high quality polishes for daily use, special occasions, or to enhance your Halloween costume, Sally Hansen has a wide range of colors and finishes from which to choose. They have numerous fantastic formulas, and I thought that I would share a few of my favorites. I also have some wonderful tips to share from celebrity nail artist, Skyy Hadley, who
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish ($7.49-$9.99 from Ulta, Target and Walgreens): Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish features a 2-step gel manicure that requires no no light, and it lasts for up to 14 days. It is easy to achieve the appearance of a professional manicure at home, and it can be removed just as easily.
Directions: Step 1: Start with clean, dry nails. No base coat needed. Apply 2 coats of Miracle Gel Color. Let dry. Step 2: Activate curing with 1 coat of Miracle Gel Top Coat.
Shown Above (Left to Right): Miracle Gel Top Coat 101, Crème de la Crème 229, Little Peony 247, Wild for Violet 572, Pink Up 309 and Shhhh-immer 174.
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure ($7.99 from Ulta and Target): Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure is an all-in-one polish that offers a flawless salon mani that lasts for up to 10 days.
- Base coat
- Growth treatment
- Salon color
- Top coat
- Chip - resistant
- Gel shine finish
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color ($3.99-$4.99 from Target and Ulta): Insta-Dri fast-dry nail polish is formulated with a built-in base and top coat for long-wear, stunning shine and vibrant color in a single coat. all in one coat!
Shown Above (Left to Right): Pink Blink 196 and Peppy Le Fuchsia 203.
Skyy Hadley's Tips: Remove your polish and let your nails breathe for a good few days. If nails look discolored, squeeze some lemon into your lotion or rub a lemon wedge directly onto the nail to brighten nails. Apply a Shea Butter lotion or non-greasy cream to lock in moisture.
Select your Nail Polish Remover according to your needs:
· Cutex Ultra-Powerful Nail Polish Remover ($2.99 for 6.7 oz. from Target and Walmart): This polish remover offers salon-quality results by removing polish quickly and completely. It has a 98% acetone patented oil blend that removes tough polishes like gels, dark vampy colors and glitters while nourishing the nails.
· Cutex Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover ($2.99 for 6.7 oz. from Target and Walmart) This Acetone-free polish remover gently and effectively removes nail polish, while Coconut oil nourishes and moisturizes the nails and cuticles, and encourages healthy nail growth. It has a pleasant coconut fragrance.
· Cutex Nourishing Nail Polish Remover ($2.99 for 6.7 oz. from Target and Walmart): This polish remover contains a patented blend of flaxseed and perilla seed oils to strengthen nails while effectively removing nail polish. The formula is non-drying, and the apricot kernel oil softens the while the vitamin E is used to neutralize free radicals and to moisturize the cuticles. It has a pleasant peach scent.
Skyy Hadley recommends applying a cuticle oil to the base of your nails, even if they are already polished, and focusing attention around the cuticles in order to hydrate them, and to help the polish last longer.
Sally Hansen Color Therapy Nail and Cuticle Oil ($6.72- $7.99 from Ulta, Target, Walmart and Amazon): Sally Hansen's Color Therapy Nail & Cuticle Oil delivers intensive moisture to the cuticles and nails, and a complex of natural oils, Argan, Acai and Primrose, boast a nourishing, lightweight texture that is fast-absorbing.
- Moisturizing and nourishing oil
- Instantly restores radiance to nails and cuticles
- Promotes strong, resilient natural nails
Sally Hansen Color Therapy Top Coat ($6.79-$7.99 from Target and Ulta): According to Sally Hansen, this is the "first oil shine Sally Hansen Color Therapy Top Coat that delivers an extra dose of nourishment and a high shine finish while extending your manicure." This formula seals in the natural oil complex, comprised of Argan, Acai and Primrose, that deeply nourishes and moisturizes the nails.
- Ultra glossy oil shine with extended wear
- Lock in nourishing care while you wear!
Skyy recommends doing your nails the day before Halloween at home and giving yourself 45 minute to an hour of time to complete it. Follow Skyy’s DIY stiletto nail tutorial:
1) Sanitize hands and nails.
2) Start out with a square nail by clipping your nail straight across.
3) Clip the uppermost portion of the two sides diagonally into a triangle.
4) With a file, focus on curving the sides evenly to get a teardrop shape that softens the triangle.
5) Whatever you do on one side, do on the other side. For example: If you do three files on one side, do three files on the other so that it looks symmetrical.
Overall Assessment: Have fun with your Halloween mani!
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own (Affiliate Links).
Copyright © 2017 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.