Press Samples & GWP (Affiliate Links)
I must confess that I did a rather unimpressive job finishing up skincare products in August, and only managed to finish up 2 full size products. I was testing lots of new things, and this always slows down the process.
Here are my thoughts on what I used up:
1) Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 30 (Reviewed here): This lightweight facial moisturizer contains a broad-spectrum sun protection factor of 30 (UVA/UVB protection), and it is as pleasant to use as it is effective. It boasts an oil-free formula that is very hydrating, and silky smooth to apply. While it is unscented, one can detect the slightest smell of sunscreen upon application, but that fades very quickly. This lotion absorbs fast and leaves behind no unsightly evidence that you are wearing a sunscreen. It likewise plays well with finishing products, and flawlessly layers beneath foundations, tinted moisturizers, BB Creams, and setting powders. The consistency itself is quite thin, but not watery, and I find that a single pump is ample to cover my face, neck and décolleté. It is important to remember that sunscreens need to be reapplied- therefore it is a good idea to carry this with you along with your finishing products for touch-ups. I would definitely repurchase this.
2) Assorted Sample Packets: As always, sample packets don't provide enough product for me to form a meaningful opinion about the contents.
3) Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths (Reviewed here): I absolutely love cleansing cloths to remove makeup, and these are probably the most gentle that I have tried. Each cloth is ultra soft and gentle against the skin, and they don't irritate my sensitive eyes in the least bit. Not only do they remove all of my makeup effortlessly, but they also leave my skin soft and moisturized– rather than stripped. I am definitely buying a big container of these amazing cleansing cloths.
4) Radical Skincare Multi Brightening Serum: This Brightening Serum shows great promise! I am a longtime fan of Radical Skincare, and definitely want to try another deluxe sample to decide whether or not I want to buy a full-size bottle. This evens skin-tone and fades hyperpigmentation.
5) Colbert MD Stimulate The Serum (Reviewed here): Among his extraordinary covet-worthy skincare products is one of the best serums that I have ever tried. Stimulate The Serum was created to boost collagen production in order to reveal more youthful skin that is luminous and radiant. It is an ultra lightweight and fast absorbing serum that leaves skin unbelievably soft, supple, hydrated and vibrant. I have a full-size bottle that I use all of the time! This is an A+ product!
6) Colbert MD Nutrify & Protect Day (Reviewed here) This is an ultra silky smooth lotion that is lightweight, fast absorbing, and leaves behind no greasy film. It is remarkably nourishing and hydrating, and is well-suited for all skin types. This is an antioxidant-rich anti-aging power-broker that fights free-radical damage, softened fine lines, and deeply hydrates even the most dehydrated skin. This is one of my all-time favorite daytime moisturizers, and there are many more bottles of this gem in my future!
7) The Honest Company Honest Bar Soap Hydrating Shea Butter Cleansing Bar (Reviewed here): This is such a lovely moisturizing soap that leaves skin so soft. I have always been very impressed by the products from The Honest Company, and will definitely buy more of their Cleansing Bars in the future.
8) Molton Brown Soothing Milk & Oatmeal Soap: I am obsessed with this soap, and will run out and buy more soon. According to Molton Brown, "this soap is gently blended with comforting whole milk and oatmeal (to lightly exfoliate). A dandy little bar, triple-milled and wrapped in 100% recyclable paper." It is lightly exfoliating, and unbelievably soothing and hydrating. It smells delicious and is such a pleasure to use!
What did you use up, toss out, give away or return in August? Did you love anything enough to repurchase? Did you discover any duds that you never want to use again? Do tell!
Press Samples & Gifts with Purchase. All views expressed are categorically my own (Affiliate Links)
Copyright © 2015 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.