Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
With the warm weather comes the natural tendency to expose more skin, and this added exposure means that skin requires some extra TLC. Aside from the obvious necessity to dutifully apply and reapply effective sunscreen with the minimum SPF of 30, this is likewise a great time to exfoliate and moisturize the skin. Exfoliation not only removes dead skin cells and leaves skin smooth, soft and supple, but it also allows for better product penetration and absorption. Additionally, unobstructed by dead skin cells less product can be used, and therefore exfoliation is a viable way to save some money.
While exfoliation generally conjures images of tubes of product with exfoliating particles, there is an altogether different approach that is exceedingly effective, and carries with it added health benefits. Dry brushing, as it is known, is an age-old technique that also boosts circulation, helps with lymphatic drainage, removes toxins, and help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Two obsession-worthy products to prep your skin for the warm weather are The Mio Skincare Body Brush and their The A Cream.
The Mio Body Brush is a natural dry brush that effortlessly reveals beautiful soft, smooth and supple skin,
According to Mio,
This is your must have tool for smooth, stimulated and orange-peel free skin. Our natural boar bristle brush with massage nodules is super simple to use and it really works.
• Helps with lymphatic drainage, removing toxins and bloat
• Exfoliates, revealing smoother, fresher, more vibrant skin
• Helps release stubborn lumpy areas, improving cellulite
• It stimulates and boosts circulation
Suggestion Directions for Dry Body Brushing:
- Best done in the morning, perhaps before you shower.
- Start at soles of your feet (We know, side benefit is it tickles).
- Work up your calves, always brush in the direction of your heart (so upwards on legs). This means you are moving in the natural direction of your lymph system. Lymph nodes are found all over the body, with clusters in the neck, underarms, chest, abdomen, groin and knees.
- Remember the backs of your knees when brushing your thighs!
- Pay special attention to backs of thighs or areas where you have cellulite. Use upward strokes.
- Before moving onto your upper body, brush your hands and arms, again moving brush towards heart.
- Brush under arms too, and pay special attention to wobbly backs of upper arms.
I would add that one need not apply a lot of pressure to the skin, but instead let the brush do the work. It is also important to note that you want to avoid doing this on irritated or broken skin. If you have suspicious looking lumps or moles, consult with your doctor before dry brushing, or exfoliating. The last thing that you want to do is exfoliate anything that may point to a more serious skin condition such as skin cancer.
My Experience: Not only is body brushing very easy to do, but it really truly works wonders. Mio Skincare suggests using it for 3 minutes, 3 times a week to see the amazing benefits. My skin was immediately smoother and softer, and had amazing clarity and luminosity. I actually find that it feels very good on the skin, and unlike regular dry brushes this one features natural boar bristles that are punctuated my rubber massage nodules. It is very easy to use and comfortable to hold, and the cotton handle makes sure that you are able to maintain a nice grip on the brush. After dry brushing I hop in the shower and then immediately apply their The A Cream Firming Active Body Cream to warm slightly damp skin.
"After dry brushing I hop in the shower and then immediately apply their The A Cream Firming Active Body Cream to warm slightly damp skin."The A Cream Firming Active Body Cream is a luxurious lightweight, but rich body cream that sinks in quickly leaving behind no greasy residue. It leaves skin soft, supple, moisturized, and glowing. Furthermore, it has a lifting and firming effect on the skin, and when used in conjunction with the dry brush the results are astounding. It also has a delectable clean scent that is indescribably pleasant and comforting.
According to Mio,
Our fabulously light but rich skin strengthening body cream creates a soothing shield to combat dryness and boost elasticity. With Omegas, antioxidants and vitamins.
• Mega-moisturises, restores elasticity and firmness
• Fortifies dry skin for long-term strength and resilience
• Smells amazing, gives skin a gorgeous rich glow
• Apply daily to shower damp skin to help seal in extra moisture.
How it works:
We packed this Mr T of Treatment creams with not just incredible moisturising Omegas but also powerful antioxidants and vital vitamins to give you extra firming and skin strengthening actives. The A Cream TM creates a soothing shield to combat dryness and boost elasticity, fighting the damaging effects of sun, pollutants and free radicals. Your skin will be soft, balanced, deeply moisturised and strong.
We’ve made all our Mio formulas even cleaner with our evolved No Nasties policy. The A Cream is totally free from parabens, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance and colourants, xenoestrogens, PEGs, glycols and pthalates. for our full No Nasties ingredients policy.
Do you dry brush your skin? What is your experience?
The Mio Body Brush Natural Dry Brush ($20.00) from Mio Skincare, b-glowing, Amazon, Net-A-Porter and Cult Beauty (£14.50).
The A Cream Active Firming Body Cream ($40.00 for 5 oz.) from Mio Skincare, Space NK, b-glowing, Amazon and John Lewis £25.00 (Affiliate Links).
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2015 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.