Now that we are in the heat of summer, it is definitely time to stay safe while spending lots of time outdoors. Here are a few things that I am doing:
1) Check the expiration on your sunscreens and replace them if they have expired. I do not leave the house wearing anything less than an SPF30 no matter what the weather is like, even to hang out in my backyard. Since we spend more time outside during the summer, it is imperative not to skip this step. Remember to reapply your sunscreen frequently. If you will be swimming, be sure to get sunscreens that are water-resistant or waterproof.
2) Limit your sun exposure. Seek shade whenever possible since it will help protect you against heat exhaustion and sunburn.
3) If you go hiking, or on long walks, for a run etc., then bring your water. Opt for locations with plenty of shaded area, and exercise with great caution in the heat. Better yet, wait until it cools down. It is easier than you think to end up with heat exhaustion, or worse yet– heatstroke.
4) Wear a wide brimmed hat, sunglasses and light clothing when outdoors for longer periods of time.
5) Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Carry a big bottle of water when you are out and about. If you will be out for long periods of time, bring extra thermal water bottles.
6) Have a first aid kit available, whether you are at home and having a BBQ or at the beach for a picnic. You never know when you will need it while playing outdoors. I include extra hand sanitizers and face masks in mine, just in case they are needed.
What tips do you have to share?
Copyright © 2021 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.