1) Check the expiration on your sunscreens and replace them if they have expired. I do not leave the house wearing anything less than an SPF30 no matter what the weather is like (and this is year round, not just in the warm weather). Since we are likely to spend more time outside during the warmer weather, it is imperative not to skip this step. N.B. Remember to reapply your sunscreen frequently.
2) When outdoors for longer periods of time make sure to wear a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses for added protection from the harsh rays of the sun.
3) Switch out your heavier lotions and creams for lighter ones, but consider adding something like a Hyaluronic Acid based serum to further hydrate the skin.
4) Consider using hydration masks, or sleeping masks, once or twice a week to keep skin fresh and hydrated.
5) Consider simplifying your skincare routine during the warmer months. I like to simplify my routine during the warm weather, and I use fewer products and wear even less makeup. I also switch out my foundation for tinted moisturizers, and prefer that light feeling and light coverage.
6) Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, and carry a bottle of water when you are out and about.
What changed do you make to your skincare routine during the warmer months of the year?
Copyright © 2021 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.