Press Sample (Unaffiliated Links)
I have been engaged with sustainable living practices for a long time, but during the pandemic I have been trying to live more sensibly, less wastefully and more mindfully. I am not a proponent of plastic straws, and paper ones tend to be less effective. Therefore, when I learned about The Other Straw, a sustainable company that makes eco-friendly bamboo straws, I was thrilled. Unlike metal or glass straws, which could end up in the landfill or a recycle bin, at the end of the life of these bamboo straws they can simply be composted. Additionally, they are very easy to clean with warm soapy water, and they come with their own convenient brush cleaner. However, they are also dishwasher safe, making them that much more convenient to sanitize.
Our reusable bamboo straws are an eco-friendly & natural alternative to paper straws, glass straws, metal straws, stainless steel straws, silicone straws & disposable plastic drinking straws. Bamboo straws are completely safe. Especially compared to other reusable straws like stainless steel and glass straws. They will last up to a year and at the end of its lifespan, you can put them in your compost. Better for you, better for the planet.
Bamboo is one of the fastest-growing plants in the world. Here are a few reasons why it's the most sustainable option to sip with:
○ Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world, in the right conditions bamboo can grow up to 1 meter in a single day.
○ Bamboo absorbs greenhouse gases.
○ Bamboo can help stop global warming. It absorbs carbon dioxide and releases up to 35% more oxygen than trees.
○ Nearly zero waste! After our bamboo is harvested, nearly every part of the bamboo plant is used to create some sort of sustainable production. From enriching mulch to furniture to straws, bamboo is one of the most utilised plants in the world.
○ Bamboo is grown organically. Unlike other crops, bamboo requires no fertilisers, pesticides, herbicides or other chemicals to help it grow.
○ Bamboo can help stop deforestation. Nearly 1 million acres of forest are destroyed each week around the world to deforestation. Bamboo is a great substitute for timber and has the potential to protect millions of trees around the world.
$14.05 for a 10 pack (regularly $17.56) from The Other Straw (Unaffiliated Links).
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2020www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.