Fabian Lliguin, Rahua Co-founder, President, and New York Hairdresser provides 5 best tips for prepping hair pre-summer:
1. THE FRIZZ FACTOR: The humidity of warmer weather often results in frizzy hair. Dry, porous hair is attracted to the moisture (water) in the air which causes the cuticle to swell and change texture. The best way to avoid this is to keep your hair as hydrated as possible. One of the best ways to do this is to use plant-based ingredients which create a natural protective barrier on the hair. Using a regimen of hydrating products such as Rahua Hydration Shampoo, Hydration Conditioner (Reviewed HERE) and Hydration Detangler + UV Barrier will combat this phenomenon and help keep frizz at bay.
2. PROTECT YOUR SCALP FROM THE SUN: We all spend time putting sunscreens all over our face and body, but often forget that the scalp gets sunburned, too. Of course, covering your head with a hat or bandana will protect the scalp, but we aren’t wearing a hat every day. Protecting and caring for your scalp is essential by using a scalp treatment. Rahua Founder’s Blend Scalp and Hair Treatment (Reviewed HERE) is a non-toxic, plant powered treatment created with Hemp oil, Rahua oil and Palo Santo oil to strengthen follicles and balance the scalp’s microbiome. It’s nourishing for both the scalp and strands. You can spot treat or apply a light coat before hitting the beach or out in the sun to protect it and reap the benefits.
3. KEEP UP WITH HAIRCUTS: Regular trims during the summer is key to keeping the ends free of split ends and providing a healthy appearance. Using a product like Rahua Leave-In Treatment or Leave-In Treatment Light (for finer hair) (Reviewed HERE) helps to protect the ends and allow for good hair growth.
4. HAIR UNPLUGGED: Take a break from blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons, etc. and let your hair air dry! Prepping the hair with Rahua Hydration Detangler + UV Barrier or Rahua Control Cream are the perfect hair primers. The moisturizing formula of Rahua Hydration Detangler + UV Barrier not only detangles and blocks humidity, but leaves hair soft, smooth, and manageable. This is the time of the year to accentuate your own natural texture rather than fighting it. Products like Rahua Control Cream, Freestyle Texturizer and Enchanted Island Salt Spray are perfect for air dry styling to accentuate texture, waves, and curls.
5. MASKS ARE IN: Hair masks are a wonderful way to keep hair in optimum health. It’s a step that people often feel they don’t have time for but applying a mask during the day and wearing your hair up is a great way to benefit from a treatment. You can do it before you hit the beach or just under a cap when you’re out and about. Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask (Reviewed HERE), created with pure Symbiotic® natural Amazonian ingredients, deeply penetrates the hair shaft leaving hair strong, shiny, and revitalized. Plus, the lavender and eucalyptus scent provides an uplifting, aromatherapy experience.