Purchased (Affiliate Links)
First, you will note that I have not taken any pictures yet, and there is a simple reason for that– we are waiting for our platform bed frame to arrive (we ended up selecting The Bed from Thuma), and I just couldn't imagine posting a picture with the mattress sitting on the floor. We tried to sync the deliveries of the two, but it just wasn't possible.
If you are seeking an eco-friendly memory foam mattress, I can say that we are both quite happy with it. I tend to like softer mattresses than my husband, but somehow we are both very happy with the way that this mattress feels. It isn't too firm and yet it doesn't permit you to sink too much. It feels a bit like you are being cradled and supported simultaneously. There is no off-gassing, which I am quite sensitive to, and nothing in the least bit unpleasant to report.
Unlike many of the eco-mattresses, and bed-in-a-box variants– to which the Loom & Leaf does not truly belong– this mattress can actually be tested out at select Macy's locations. This was definitely an advantage that helped sway our decision to buy this mattress rather than one that we could not test in person.
As I mentioned in my initial post, we sought a mattress without a box spring that would be paired with a modern, low-profile platform bed. This is where our decision to purchase this mattress posed a bit if a challenge because this mattress is 12" thick. This would not present an aesthetic problem for conventional beds on a box spring and frame, but it does for a wide array of minimalist low-profile platform beds. Because of the thickness, it is too bulky for the vast majority of platforms with a slender mid-century modern profile, and therefore if you are opting for something like that, then you may want to reconsider and find a lower profile mattress. This meant that we couldn't get a gorgeous handmade solid wood platform from a local Los Angeles company, and instead had to find something that would have proportions befitting this mattress, and that is precisely why we ended up selecting The Bed by Thuma.
According to Loom & Leaf,
Saatva engineers took the top five features found in luxury retail mattresses and combined them to make one perfect mattress. Saatva's luxury Loom & Leaf memory foam mattresses are made in the U.S.A. with premium materials and costs 70% less than comparable retail brands. Sleep in comfort on Saatva's 12" Loom & Leaf memory foam mattress. Proprietary lumbar zone technology provides targeted pressure relief, while a cooling gel-infused top layer offers a cradled feel, allowing you to sleep in pure bliss.
- Foundation not included
- 2" Gel-infused 4-lb Memory Foam layer ensures a cool sleep surface
- 2.5" 5-lb Ultra Premium Memory Foam layer is the heart of the mattress
- Top Type: Memory Foam Tight Top
- 2" Transition loft pad allows the layers above and below to provide optimal support for a healthy sleep
- 5.5" High Density support base gives best-in-class structural integrity and durability
- Exclusive Features: Proprietary Lumbar zone technology to ensure proper spinal alignment and pressure point relief
- Exclusive all natural Guardin® antimicrobial treatment on organic cotton cover to create a healthy sleep environment and prolong the life of the fabric
- Compatible with adjustable beds
- Warranty: 15-year Non-prorated
- All foams are CertiPUR certified, made without any harmful chemicals or additives
- Made in the USA
$849.00-$1799.00 from Loom & Leaf or Macy's (Affiliate Links).
Purchased. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2019 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.