Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
Given my considerable penchant of HOURGLASS Cosmetics, I was utterly gleeful when I received the spectacular HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Edit Surreal Light and Ambient Lighting Edit Brush. I have many products from their iconic Ambient Lighting range, and this does not disappoint!
The palette is elegant and subtle, and imparts the perfect luminous glow. This is definitely one of my favorite palettes from HOURGLASS, and it is a dream for fair to medium complexions. I am also smitten with the faux Carrara Marble compact in which it is housed!
According to Space NK,
Discover the most covetable Ambient light yet. Introducing Surreal Light – a sheer nude powder evoking the magic hour of perfect lighting where the sun brings the softest, most flattering glow to the complexion. These never-before-released shades of powder, bronzer, blushes and highlighter are available exclusively this holiday season.
• Surreal Light: "a sheer nude powder evoking the magic hour of perfect lighting." I would describe it as a light, and nearly translucent golden beige with ultra-fine gold shimmer. It is intended as a setting, or finishing powder, and it effectively blurs imperfections.
• Surreal Bronze Light: "a neutral tan shade fused with Surreal Light, for a subtle, natural warmth." This is a beautiful ethereal bronzer that is a neutral-leaning rosy brown with a refined and subtle golden shimmer. Unlike many bronzers that oxidize into an unflattering orange shade, this one remains both try and stunning. It offers buildable coverage, but I tend to prefer wearing it lightly.
• Surreal Glow: "a pale peony pink blush mixed with Surreal Light for a delicate flush." This is a spectacularly beautiful warm peach that has a luminescent satin finish. It is semi-buildable blush that gives skin a natural glow from wishing effect.
• Surreal Effect: "a cool, pink rose fused with a soft, warm peach for a pop of flattering color." Surreal Effect is a beautiful, cool pink blush with an undercurrent of coral. Depending on the veining in your palette, you may find that yours could lean more pink, or more coral, but I found that I had enough of each that I could easily use them independently or blend them. The satin finish offers enough luminosity to create a lovely glowing effect.
• Surreal Strobe Light: "a glimmering peach powder imparting an alluring highlight." This is a lovely warm-leaning golden peach highlighter with subtle golden shimmer. I found that this shade runs sheer, and isn't very buildable, but that doesn't bother me in the least because the more subtle the effect, the more natural and healthy the glow.
Click to enlarge ingredients list.
Left to Right: Surreal Light (Finishing Powder), Surreal Glow (Blush), Surreal Effect (Blush), Surreal Bronze Light (Bronzer) and Surreal Strobe Light (Strobe Powder).
Note the luminosity in each of the powders as the light shifts
Directions:• Finish: Apply Surreal Light finishing powder all over the face.
• Bronze: Contour along the temples, hollows of the cheeks, and jawline with Surreal Bronze Light.
• Blush: Apply Surreal Glow to the apples of the cheeks for a delicate flush of colour.
• Blush: Layer Surreal Effect to the apples of the cheeks for a brighter pop of colour.
• Highlight: Apply Surreal Strobe Light to the high points of the face – tops of cheeks, bridge of nose, brow bone and cupid’s bow. Can be used wet for a more intense highlight.
HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Edit Brush ($46.00 from Space NK) is a two phenomenal brushes in one that was created to use in conjunction with the Ambient Lighting Edit. The synthetic, Cruelty-Free brushes are the perfect size to fit in this palette, and boast the perfect shapes for flawless application. Both brush heads are soft enough to feel heavenly against the skin, but are firm enough to pick up and lay down pigment effortlessly and flawlessly.
According to HOURGLASS,
A multi-tasking brush featuring two versatile brush heads that can be used for an array of products including powder, blush, bronzer and highlighter. This double-ended brush can be used with powder, cream and liquid formulas for the most flawless finish. Perfectly-sized to be used with the Ambient® Lighting Edit.
• The rounded end is ideally shaped for applying finishing powder and adding bronzer to the temples and hollows of cheeks, while the tapered side is shaped to flawlessly apply blush and highlighter.
• Features PETA-approved, high-grade, ultra-soft Taklon bristles.
• Weighted metal handles provide control for effortless blending and application.
• Perfectly sized to work with all Ambient® Lighting Palettes and travel-sized compacts.
To Clean: Gently clean brush with mild soap and water. Lay flat to dry
Available from Space NK (Affiliate Links),
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2016 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.