Press Sample (Unaffiliated Links)
While the summer has given way to the fall, we must remain vigilant about applying, and reapplying, our sunscreen every single day. In Los Angeles, the seasons are less distinct, and it tends to be rather easy to remember to use sunscreen, but none of us can afford to forego using daily sunscreens.
One of my recent facial sunscreen finds is Equitance Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 36, and this pragmatic formula is a dual-purpose primer and sunscreen in one. The lightweight texture has a thin liquid consistency that effortlessly glides across the skin, and dries down quickly. There is a comfortable velvety, emollient texture from the silicones– which serves as a perfect makeup primer, and I definitely find that it increases the longevity of my makeup. However, since I reapply my sunscreens frequently (about every 80 minutes), I did not test how long a single application preserved the longevity of my makeup– since that would clearly compromise my protection against extended sun exposure.
It is very important to shake this sunscreen before use in order for the mixing balls to thoroughly mix the ingredients. It is also important to note that I experienced no pilling of makeup– which is definitely a deal breaker for me, and something that can occur when particular ingredients from the sunscreen and the makeup do not play well together.
According to Equitance,
Effectively safeguards against UV rays and free radicals. The perfect primer for makeup, this sunscreen filters UV rays and environmental stressors that contribute to hyperpigmentation, photoaging and skin-harm. Enhanced with brightening and moisturizing ingredients, the fast-drying formula primes the skin and performs flawlessly under makeup.
- Linoleic Acid is extracted from safflower seed oil and purified. We found that linoleic acid’s primary effect helps to significantly minimize the appearance of dark spots. It also promotes the exfoliation of the stored melanin that form dark spots.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside is a vitamin C derivative with skin-brightening powers. In liquid topical skin care formulas, vitamin C derivative is more stable, maximizing its beneficial function better than vitamin C itself.
- Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, made from licorice, possesses soothing properties.
- Cherry Blossom Leaf Extract is culled from the Japanese sakura tree and possesses properties that sooth and soften rough skin.
- Shell Ginger Extract is derived from the Japanese alpinia speciosa leaf. Its intense moisturizing properties help brighten the skin.
Directions: Before use, shake well until the mixing balls inside can be heard multiple times, then smooth over entire face and neck as a final step in your morning skincare routine. Reapply at least every 2 hours.
Overall Assessment: I have been reaching for this sunscreen on a daily basis lately, and am very pleased with the results. If you are seeking a new facial sunscreen that is likewise an effective primer, then Equitance Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 36 is definitely worth your consideration.
EXCLUSIVE 20% discount for Lola's Secret Beauty Blog Readers: https://www.equitance-us.com/Lola-Oct-2016.html
$30.00 for 29ml 0.98 fl. oz from Equitance (Unaffiliated Links).
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2016 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.