Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
HOURGLASS Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders and the Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor are the latest releases from this phenomenal line, and they do not disappoint!
I will tell you that I am very impressed by the the three items that I received. The powders are ultra finely milled, they glide across the skin effortlessly, and they deposit pigmentation evenly. They neither settle into pores, nor do they emphasize fine lines. They are absolutely stunning, and leave skin with a gorgeous ethereal glow.
• Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powders are formulated in a sheer base with concentrated ultra-fine mico pearl particles in varying sizes and refraction levels to give off a naturally luminescent highlight to the skin without a heavy metallic finish.
• Developed with Photoluminescent Technology to capture, diffuse and soften surrounding light to refine the appearance of the skin.
• Can be used wet or dry for varying levels of intensity, taking you from day to night - from an everyday, wearable strobe highlight to a dramatic evening strobe highlight.
• Available in 4 universally flattering shades for all skin tones.
• Designed to be used with the Ambient® Strobe Light Sculptor for the most effortless application.
Left to Right: Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Brilliant Strobe Light (review forthcoming) and Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Iridescent Strobe Light.
Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Iridescent Strobe Light is described as an "illuminating pink powder imparting a soft highlight." It is a stunning pale pink powder that is ultra-finely milled to the extent that it has a rather creamy consistency. This faint pink will flatter many skin tones, but I suspect that those among you with cooler-toned will be particularly elated by this shade since it is often difficult to find flattering illuminator shades for blue-based skin tones. It spreads across the skin and deposits color effortlessly and evenly, and it neither settle into fine lines, nor does it accentuate pores. Instead of depositing discernible glitter, that looks decidedly artificial, it leaves skin with a stunning ethereal glow.
The Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders are formulated to be used wet or dry whether one opts to use a brush or the Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor (full review forthcoming) that was created specifically for the Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders. HOURGLASS suggests that it is best applied with the Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor, and that whether used wet or dry one can easily "achieve varying levels of intensity, taking you from day to night."
Whether you prefer to use a brush or the Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor, these powders could not be easier to use. You simple dip your tool of choice into the powder and sweep it wherever illumination is desired.
Initially, I thought that I might prefer using a brush to the Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor, but after some experimentation I concluded that the Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor offers greater precision than a brush. It is firm enough not to yield too much against the skin, and the angled side offers perfect placement wherever you want to highlight the face.
According to HOURGLASS,
For a soft, sheer highlight - Sweep the angled side of the Ambient® Strobe Light Sculptor across the powder and apply to the tops of your cheekbones, bridge of nose and cupid's bow. Gently blend in with the flocked side for a smooth finish.
For a more intense highlight - Dampen the angled side of the Ambient® Strobe Light Sculptor and sweep across the powder. Apply to the tops of your cheekbones, bridge of nose and cupid's bow. Gently blend in with the flocked side for a smooth finish.
Available in 4 shades:
• Iridescent Strobe Light: An illuminating pink powder imparting a soft highlight.
• Incandescent Strobe Light: An opalescent pearl powder bestowing a celestial highlight.
• Euphoric Strobe Light: A pearlescent beige powder bestowing a natural highlight.
• Brilliant Strobe Light: A shimmering gold powder imparting a lustrous highlight.
HOURGLASS Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Iridescent Strobe Light swatches.
Whether you prefer the dry or wet application, the finish is elegant and luminous.
Soft focus to illustrate its luminosity
Ingredients: Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Water/Aqua, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Diamond Powder, Ethylhexylglycerin, Laureth-7, Polyacrylamide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tin Oxide, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Ambient® Strobe Light Sculptor is, "an innovative highlighting tool uniquely designed to add light and dimension to the face to create a refined, natural highlight. Designed to be used with the Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powders, the dual-ended sculptor features an angled side to fit perfectly on the high points of the face, and a velvety-soft flocked side to soften and blend for the most natural and smooth finish."
The Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor is a wonderful angled sponge made to apply the Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders to the skin either wet or dry, and it is nothing short of a brilliant tool to apply these gorgeous powders.
Sweep angled side of sculptor over Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powder and apply to high points of the face - tops of cheeks, bridge of nose, brow bone and cupid's bow. Can be used wet or dry. To use wet, dampen the angled side. Soften and blend using the flocked side.
Ambient® Strobe Light Sculptor Features:
• Cut at the optimal angle to effortlessly highlight the high points of the face.
• Velvety-soft flocked side softens and blends for a natural, smooth finish.
• Dense texture picks up the perfect amount of highlighting powder to achieve a natural strobing effect.
• Composed of high-grade, anti-microbial material.
• Can be used wet for a more intense highlight.
HOURGLASS Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders $38.00 each from HOURGLASS, Nordstrom, Space NK, Barneys New York, Sephora and Net-A-Porter.
HOURGLASS Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders $22.00 from HOURGLASS, Nordstrom, Space NK, Barneys New York, Sephora and Net-A-Porter.
Overall Assessment: HOURGLASS Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Iridescent Strobe Light is just my kind luminescent highlighter. The texture is ultra-luxe, it is gorgeous whether applied wet or dry, and it is unmitigated pale pink perfection. This is one of the very few highlighters in which I am likely to hit the pan. Without hesitation, this earns an A+ from this college professor!
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own (Affiliate Links).
Copyright © 2016 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.