Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
I have yet to meet a person who has tried any of the Artis brushes without becoming completely obsessed with the line. Their makeup brushes require one big paradigm shift when you are used to conventional brushes, but once you get the hang of using these you will reach for them all of the time. As you may recall, I effusively gushed over their Artis Oval 6 Brush (HERE) and their Artis Oval 10 Brush (HERE), and now I am about to do the same about the Artis Elite Mirror Linear 1 Brush.
The Artis Elite Mirror Linear 1 Brush is a multipurpose brush that is very narrow, and therefore perfectly suited to fill in eyebrows and to apply eye liner with exceptional precision.
Their proprietary CosmeFibre is an engineered densely packed fiber bundle made up of, in many cases, ten times more fibers than conventional animal hair brushes. Their fibers are softer than anything that you can imagine on the skin, but they are neither floppy, nor are they inefficient. In fact, their brushes pick up, lay down and blend makeup with great ease and precision.
The Linear 1 is not only very narrow, but it is also very long. It therefore can cover a large surface area effortlessly, and because it is narrow it can make anything from very thin lines to bolder and thicker ones. It picks up gel and powder products for the brows or eyes with great ease, and after a few uses you will become proficient at making the perfect winged liner with an enviable cat eye flick.
One of the really superb design choices can be experienced in the flexibility of the handle that gently flexes as it glides across the skin rather than offering resistance. The handle is flexible, and therefore offers a very gentle application, and the ergonomic curved handle grip makes it very comfortable to hold.
The sleek mirror finish is elegant, and the minimalist modern design makes this a work of art. This is a great example of form following function.
According to Artis,
The Linear 1, has a very narrow [about 1-2 mm] row of fibres to help concentrate product application in a line, such as along the lash line. This patented brush can apply a precise line of product along the upper lash line or tucked under the lower lash line. It can also be used to fill in and define the brows and can simulate brow hair lines; or can be used to apply a defined line along the lip or any other part of the face. The Linear 1 brush is very helpful for special effects makeup to create crisp lines and linear shapes. Artis brushes are made exclusively with CosmeFibre, a revolutionary engineered fibre made for applying cosmetic and makeup products.
I have not tried the Artis cleaning system yet, but I have had great success cleaning my Artis brushes in the following ways:
1) For minor cleanings between thorough cleanings, I simply wipe the brush fibers off using makeup wipes.
2) For major cleanings I use a gentle soap and work the lather through the fibers and then rinse and repeat, if needed, until the lukewarm water runs clear. I then place the brush on top of anything that keeps it suspended in the air, and then let it dry brush side down.
- Each patented brush has on average 3 to 10 times as many individual fibres as conventional animal hair brushes, resulting in superior blending and smooth makeup application.
- Fibre bundles are shaped to make product pickup and delivery easier and more effective.
- Designed with a special grip surface to provide better control, and tilted brush tip and fibre bundles that give the user the ability to apply, distribute and blend like never before.
- A patented cleansing system that includes an antimicrobial-treated microfibre cloth with 1 million fibres per square inch designed to help “grab” and remove makeup residue from the brush without changing the shape or adding wear-and-tear.
- Artis Brushes are cruelty-free.
Note the mirror finish
I love to use the Artis Linear 1 with gel eye liners, and this seems to be an especially good medium for this particular brush. Not only do the CosmeFibres pick up and deposit powder and gel products with ease, but the Linear 1 neither tugs, nor pulls at the delicate skin in the eye area.
The brush easily fits into gel pots, and only needs to be gently dipped to coat the CosmeFibres
This luxury line of game-changing brushes revolutionizes cosmetics application with its trademarked CosmeFibre® technology and an ergonomic handle for effective and exceptional application, not to mention the aesthetic design is one you might find at any high-end design store. Created by one of the makeup industry’s innovators and a former MAC Cosmetics Senior Executive, Matthew Waitesmith focused on the challenges of makeup “self-application” and delivering superior cosmetic performance, while taking inspiration from how he would draw a human face.
$32.00 from Artis, Net-A-Porter (Smoke), Net-A-Porter (White) and Space NK.
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2015 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.