Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
I have loved and purchased Nielsen-Massey vanilla extract and vanilla beans for as many years as I can remember, and definitely consider them a worthy indulgence. The difference in the taste of my baked goods is remarkable, and therefore these two things have been on my repeated repurchase list for what seems to be an eternity. For years I have been adding one of their vanilla beans to my jar of sugar to add such a rich aroma and extraordinary flavor– therefore I was thrilled to try their Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar. This will be great for baking, to add that extra flavor element to my morning coffee, and to make my own DIY body scrub. I wish that I could take credit for the last, but the fine people at Nielsen-Massey sent me the following delightful recipe.
Nielsen-Massey had the wonderful idea that we should consider bringing the personal homemade touch back to the season by creating DIY holiday gifts for your friends and family– a refreshing alternative to a trip to the mall to buy things for everyone on your list. They assert that in doing so, one will bring the personal touch back to the holiday season. If it is the thought that counts, when it comes to gift-giving, then a handmade gift is among the most thoughtful! Therefore, their DIY Vanilla Body Scrub perfectly fits the spirit of the season!
This recipe for Vanilla Body Scrub from Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, included below, is the perfect gift for friends, sisters, daughters, or anyone who deserves a bit of pampering this holiday season. Fragrant Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar gently exfoliates while olive oil moisturizes, leaving skin feeling soft, smooth and rejuvenated.
What you'll need for the Vanilla Body Scrub Recipe:
- 1 cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 or 2 drops of an essential oil such as lavender, eucalyptus, etc.
- Decorative, waterproof container
Instructions for use: Apply a small amount to damp skin while in shower or bath. Gently scrub skin with a soft washcloth. Rinse thoroughly.
About Nielsen-Massey's Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar:
Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar is a flavorful blend of gourmet baker's sugar and the pinnacle of all vanillas, Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract. Use it in any recipe where vanilla and the sweetness of sugar are desired. Vanilla Sugar is ideal for baked goods such as cookies, cakes, pies and pastries where it can enhance the vanilla flavor, sprinkled in beverages, such as coffee, cocoas or smoothies, or as a sweet topping to pancakes, fruit or cookies.
This product is Kosher and Gluten-Free Certified as well as All-Natural, Allergen-Free and GMO-Free.
• Package homemade biscotti, cookies, or even body products in vintage tins or jars. A beautiful container is an additional gift that the recipient can keep long after the handmade gift is gone.
• Instead of using traditional wrapping paper or gift bags, wrap boxes in craft paper and decorate with pens and markers. Wrap jars and bottles in fabric, burlap, or a pretty kitchen towel and secure it with colorful striped baker’s twine.
• Attach a Christmas ornament to the outside of the package in lieu of a traditional gift tag. Ornaments can be treasured for years to come.
• Include a hand-written note or card with the recipe for your gift – it is the gift that keeps on giving!
• Include the recipe for what you have given them– then they can make it themselves when they have finished it!
Overall Assessment: Holiday DIY gift perfection!
$17.95 for 8.5 oz. from Sur La Table and Amazon.
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2014 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.