Press Sample (Affiliate Links)
It has been cold and raining here in Los Angeles, and my skin is in great need of added moisture from head to toe. I have been layering my moisturizers beginning with a very nourishing oil and then topping it off with a richer cream in order to keep my skin soft and supple. My current body oil obsession, unsurprisingly, is the African Botanics Marula Firming Botanical Body Oil. It is an antioxidant rich moisturizing and firming oil that makes my skin look and feel utterly amazing. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I'm pretty sure that African Botanics sprinkles all of their products with magical fairy dust. There is no other explanation as to why their products cast such spell over me. It is one of the very few lines that has caused me to fall madly in love with everything that I have tried.
Marula Firming Botanical Body Oil is an intensive rejuvenating skin treatment that combines the firming and strengthening benefits of wild-harvested Marula and Pinotage Grape Seed oils especially selected for their targeted firming and toning properties. Light and sensual in texture, this cold-pressed blend provides corrective and preventative action against the main causes of loss of firmness: lack of elasticity, dryness, sun damage, slackening and skin ageing.
Loaded with powerful antioxidants and Essential Fatty Acids. Rich in plant collagen, vitamins and nutrients that help restore flaccid, dry, photodamaged and lackluster skin to youthful firmness, tone and softness.
This is essentially an incredibly luxurious, potent and ultra moisturizing antioxidant rich anti-aging oil serum for the body. The idea is to treat your body as you do your face to keep it moisturized, dewy, radiant and protected all year long. This is my very favorite body oil because it does so much more than simply moisturize the skin, but it also does an extraordinary job moisturizing. My skin is left deeply hydrated, luminous, lifted, firmed, toned, and more soft and supple than I could have imagined possible.
The beautiful ethereal glow that my skin experiences is pretty breathtaking all by itself, and would be enough reason to use this oil religiously, but it does so many things for the skin simultaneously that it's hard to believe that so much can be achieved by one elegant bottle of oil. It has a light to medium weight consistency, and sinks into the skin quickly. I find it to be quite concentrated, but I am able to use even less since I prefer to apply it to warm and damp freshly cleansed skin. When my skin is feeling particularly dry, I apply African Botanics Marula Botanical Body Cream (reviewed here) on top of the Marula Oil, and the end result is velvety soft and supple skin that is deeply nourished and moisturized– no matter how cold it is outside.
Using Marula Firming Botanical Body Oil is an amazing sensory experience because the oil itself is luxuriously silky to the touch, and because the scent is an intoxicating blend of African Botanicals.
African Botanics describes it as a unique fragrance that is,
Crafted from wild African botanicals: South African Green Rooibos Tea and Honeybush plant. The scent is reminiscent of the Fynbos biome located at the southern tip of the African continent, the Western Cape Peninsula - fresh, grassy with a hint of honeyed base notes. As soon as it is applied, it creates a unique phyto-aromatic effect of freshness and wellbeing, the skin appears rejuvenated and firmer.
- Loss of firmness and youthful density
- Dull, dry skin, uneven texture and tone
- Exposure to pollution, smoke and other environmental aggressors
- Stress, fatigue and jet lag
- Omegas, vitamins, nutirents and antioxidants restore skin's elasticity and firmness.
- Strengthens, moisturises and nourishes all skin types including dry and sensitive skin.
- Firms and boosts microcirculation.
- Marula Oil "is a cold pressed, weightless, anti-aging botanical oil sourced from the remote pristine areas of South Africa's Marula Belt. Considered one of Africa’s miracle oils. High in Vitamin E and Omega 6 & 9, this antioxidant-rich oil is traditionally used to reduce redness and transepidermal water loss, improve skin’s elasticity and firmness."
- Pinotage Grape Seed Oil is "harvested from organic grape vines in the Western Cape region of South Africa. Rich in polyphenols and contains high concentration of Omega 6 and Vitamin E which gives skin its nourishing and regenerating properties. It intensely nourishes dehydrated skin and offers an exceptionally smooth, soft and non-greasy finish."
$70.00 for 3.4 oz. from African Botanics, Space NK US, Space NK UK, Beauty Bar, SkinStore.com, b-glowing, Beauty.com, Dermstore, SkinCareRX and Amazon (Affiliate Links).
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own.
Copyright © 2014 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.