Wantable is a new Premium Makeup Box Subscription service (they also have one for jewelry) that offers a variety of customizable choices of products that are specifically tailored to suit your taste and style. You are asked a series of questions in an online survey about your stylistic preferences, and after gathering a fair amount of information the computer categorizes your specific style, and then generates a selection of products based upon your answers. The nice thing is that you can change their selections for those that better suit your taste. You can either subscribe to monthly service at $36.00 a month, or you can buy one box at a time at $40.00 each. The retail value of each Beauty Box is set between $80.00-$100.00- making each box a good value- provided that you are pleased with the contents.
My box included:
1) MyFace Cosmetics High Definition Lip Pencil in Rose Bud (retail $16.00): "Myface high def lip pencils flatter fair skin and blend perfectly with the myface lip glosses and lipsticks. These pencils have a very unique matte texture, similar to skin, so there is never an obvious line. Most pencils have a shiny or glossy finish that makes it obvious if you have drawn beyond your natural lip shape."
2) MyFace Cosmetics Lip Pop Gloss in Hot Stuff (retail $18.00): "A warm, muted rosy pink that is a perfect pairing for modern nude lips. myface lip pop gloss creates the perfect paparazzi pout for medium skin – never sticky, but luxurious with chic shine. Apply over your fave lipstick or on nude lips for a lightweight, non-sticky veil of iridescent shine"
3) MiA BelleZZa Mineral Pressed Blush in Natural (retail $16.50): "Beautiful Satin Pressed Blushes. Create a beautiful cheeky healthy glow with this amazing blush. Satin pressed long wearing formula will float over your skin with ease, no need for harsh blending. With skin soothing Vitamins A, C & E. Talc free, Fragrance free, specially formulated for sensitive skin. Brush over cheekbones for desired highlighting effect." This blush imparts, "an amazing matte finish with a pearlized glow. Deflects light away from skin imperfections. Provides a beautiful soft radiant glow."
4) MiA BelleZZa Mineral Shadow Duo in Vino (retail $24.50): "Beautiful Mineral Duos. High drama color. You can use them wet or dry for a rich luster or sheen for dramatic effects.Amazing long-lasting color that never fades or creases. Fortified with vitamins. Use wet or dry to achieve the desired look. Blend with together with other formulas of shadows to achieve creative dramatic looks. Hypoallergenic, Crease Resistant, Mineral oil free Contains: Vitamins C & E to condition and protect eyelids."
6) Color Club Back to Boho Polish Nomadic in Nude (retail $8.00): Color Club offers safe fun shades of high quality nail polish. "...Every nail polish is developed to be completely non-toxic, environmentally safe, and 4-FREE. This means absolutely none of our products contain harsh chemicals like toluene, formaldehyde, camphor and DBP! Plus, they're all vegan nail polishes and never tested on animals." Color Club calls Nomadic in Nude as a pink nail polish, but it is a nude beige to my eyes.
7) Kai Perfume Oil sample (retail value .70): "An intoxicating blend of gardenia wrapped in white exotics." My favorite scent!! Reviewed here.
The grand retail total of my box is $91.70- making it a good value for the price of the box. All of the products that I received were full-sized with the exception of the Kai Perfume Oil sample.
Overall assessment: I really like the quality of all of the products that I received in my box, and was impressed that I was able to customize my choices. This ability to customize is a much needed antidote to all of the beauty box services that send you so many sample sizes as well as so many products that you never would have selected for yourself, and probably won't ever use. This is a wonderful way to try out new products for a fraction of their regular retail price. What's more, the customer service at Wantable is outstanding-- making the entire experience good from beginning to end. This is a beauty box service well worth trying!
PR sample sent for consideration. All views expressed are categorically my own.