Jojoba Oil is one of my all time favorite natural products to keep on hand at all times. It has so many uses, and is so easy to use without being a huge mess. It's affordable and widely available making it a very convenient choice. When I run low I either buy Desert Essence brand Jojoba Oil at Whole Foods when I am grocery shopping, or the one at Trader Joe's, but you can find it all over the place these days. There are many uses, but here are the one's that I have actually tried:
1. Makeup Remover: Jojoba Oil makes a wonderful non-stinging eye makeup remover. Rather than using it undiluted I prefer to make a dual phase eye makeup remover by placing purified water and jojoba in a bottle (one to one ratio) and giving it a good shake. It removes every trace of makeup without any irritation, and it moisturizes the delicate area around the eyes. You can also use the oil undiluted as well- and it even breaks down stubborn waterproof formulas. I tend to apply it with soft cotton pads.
2. Pre-Cleansing Oil: Pre-cleansing oils have been such a popular part of beauty routines for a while now, and Jojoba Oil is simply amazing in this capacity. You simply apply it undiluted all of your face and it will effectively remove all traces of foundation, blush, even tough to remove lipstick. It softens and hydrates the skin, and even provides some cushion against more abrasive cleansers.
3. Pre-Shampoo Hair & Scalp Treatment: Jojoba Oil is a fantastic pre-shampoo treatment! Massage it into your hair and scalp and leave it in as long as you like- then shampoo and condition as you would normally. I have left it in overnight, and the results were amazing. Some people use it as a hot oil treatment- I keep meaning to do this, but keep forgetting!
4. Body Oil: Jojoba Oil is quite concentrated so you really only need to use a small amount. I find that using it first thing when I jump out of the shower is the best for me because the slip created from moist skin allows you to use less oil, and it absorbs quickly because your skin is still warm. The end result is silky smooth skin! Since it is also a great carrier oil you can add perfume oils or essential oils to it to create a customized scent.
5. Cuticle Oil: Just rub undiluted Jojoba Oil into your cuticles daily and see the difference in no time. It is so moisturizing that it can tame even the most stubborn cuticles!
6. Overnight Intensive Hand & Foot Moisturizer: Massage liberally into hands and feet before going to bed and put on moisture mitts and socks. You will wake up with petal soft hands and feet!
Do you have any fantastic beauty secrets using Jojoba Oil? Do tell!