The Makeup Wars team is so excited to share our very favorite holiday collections this year, and after I thought long and hard about my favorites this season, and I decided to pick the gorgeous Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette, the La Maison du Chocolat Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte Lipstick collection and the La Maison du Chocolat Rouge Unlimited Lipstick collection.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette, ($80.00 for 0.049 oz / 1.4 g (x6) from Hourglass Cosmetics, Sephora, Cult Beauty and Harvey Nichols): for holiday 2018, is a stunning warm-toned face palette that is absolute perfection for fair to medium skin with warm undertones, or anyone who can comfortably wear warmer tones on their face. It is stunningly gorgeous, and the quality is extraordinary– just as we expect from Hourglass. Each of the six shades is ultra-finely filled, they offer buildable coverage, and they glide across the skin effortlessly and deposit color evenly.
Not only is Hourglass 100% cruelty-free, but they are donating 5% of profits from the sale of this palette to support the Nonhuman Rights Project, and therefore one can feel good about supporting this brand and this cause.
According to Hourglass,
Introducing the next generation of the coveted Ambient® Lighting Edit. The Unlocked edition features 6 new exclusive shades of powder, bronzer, blush and metallic strobe powder.
This 100% vegan palette features the Hourglass symbol representing our commitment to being a cruelty free brand. A portion of profits from this palette will go to support the Nonhuman Rights Project – the only civil rights organization in the United States working to secure legally recognized fundamental rights for nonhuman animals.
THE PALETTE CONTAINS 6 NEW EXCLUSIVE SHADES:
• Ambient® Lighting Powder - Soft Light
• Ambient® Lighting Powder - Filtered Light
• Ambient® Lighting Bronzer - Golden Bronze Light
• Ambient® Lighting Blush - Nude Glow
• Ambient® Lighting Blush - Mood Flush
• Ambient® Metallic Strobe Lighting Powder - Champagne Strobe Light
• Nude Glow is a stunning complex and luminous peach.
• Soft Light is a beautiful creamy peachy vanilla.
• Mood Flush is a warm and complex mid-tone luminous rose.
• Filtered Light is a warm muted ochre-kissed mustard yellow.
• Champagne Strobe Light is a breathtaking luminous metallic gold.
• Golden Bronze Light is a lovely caramel bronze.
Free of: Parabens, Fragrance, Talc, Nanoparticles and Gluten. Vegan-friendly and not tested on animals,
• Achieve an instant photo filter finish with two new shades of Ambient® Lighting Powders in versatile complexion shades to finish the skin
• All six powders are formulated with pure Photoluminscent Technology to capture, diffuse and soften surrounding light for skin that appears softer, younger and lit from within
• Travel friendly palette is designed to be used with the double-ended Ambient® Lighting Edit Brush
• 5% of profits from the sale of this palette will support the Nonhuman Rights Project
Light all over the face:
• BRONZE: Contour along the temples, hollows of the cheeks, and jawline with Golden Light
• BLUSH: Apply Nude Glow or Mood Flush to the apples of the cheeks
• HIGHLIGHT: Apply Champagne Strobe Light to the high points of the face – tops of cheeks, bridge of nose, brow bone and cupid's bow
Delicious color matte lipstick with a chocolate fragrance and limited edition package for Shu Uemura x La Maison du Chocolat holiday collection.
A smooth matte finish and all-day comfort that helps to maintain moisturized lips. the hybrid pigments also ensure pure color payoff - the color you see is the color you get.
Available in 6 indulgent colors - deep cranberry / salty caramel / cassis berry / ripe cherry / raspberry syrup / blackberry.
Left to Right:
Deep Cranberry is deep mid-tone red
Salty Caramel is a stunning burnt peach nude
Cassis Berry is a mid-tone raspberry
Ripe Cherry is a blackened deep red
Raspberry Syrup is a deep blue-based raspberry red
Black Berry is a blackened deep vampy wine
Note that while these are matte lipsticks that they are neither flat, nor do they lack dimension.
Delicious satin lipstick with a chocolate fragrance and limited edition package for shu uemura x La Maison du Chocolat holiday collection.
This satin lipstick comes with a vivid color payoff and a layable, light texture that is buildable. infused with moisture lock cream, it helps your lips to stay smooth and moisturized.
Left to Right:
Caramel Toffy is a warm, burnt caramel
Hazelnut Ganache is a blackened burgundy with a touch of brown
Raspberry Purée is a dark, blackened raspberry
Framboise Sorbet is a dark, rich strawberry
Overall Assessment: The Shu Uemura La Maison du Chocolat Lipsticks and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette are just perfect for the holidays, but you will be using them long after this season is over. A+
Click on the blogger badges below to see which holiday collections the other Makeup Wars team members are coveting!
Press Sample. All views expressed are categorically my own (Affiliate Links).
Copyright © 2018 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.