The makeup bag itself is a lovely black leather Rebecca Minkoff cosmetic bag that I received as a GWP from the recent Neiman Marcus Bag Event, and it is huge measuring in at 6 3/4"H X 9 1/3"W! Of course this generously sized bag is perfect for a lipstick/lip gloss hoarder such as myself! I tried not to carry quite as many lip products as usual, but let's face it- I'm still carrying 9-- which is still excessive! (All links lead to my in-depth reviews).
1) Tom Ford Lip Color in Nude Vanilla: Full review forthcoming, but let's just say that I am completely smitten. I would never have chosen this light warm nude peachy pink color for myself because it swatches too warm for my cool-toned skin. However, it was Michelle- my Tom Ford MUA extraordinaire who told me to try it on my lips and wait a minute for the color melt in to my lips, and that the color would be absolutely perfect on me. I don't understand how it was possible, but she was absolutely right. This is now one of my all-time favorite lipsticks, and I wear it nearly every single day. It looks amazing with a cat eye!!
2) Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick in Gabrielle: What is inside the over-the-top sculptural bullet is as delightful as the exterior. This is a succulent pearly pale pink that is truly swoon-worthy.
3) Rouge D'Armani Pink No. 501: I remain obsessed with the Rouge D'Armani formula, and Pink No. 501 is the perfect mid-tone muted neutral pink. It is infinitely wearable and the formula is just luscious and moisturizing.
4) Burberry Lip Cover Nude Beige No. 01: Burberry really knows how to make amazing lipsticks, and their Lip Cover formula is one of my favorites. Nude Beige No. 01 just might be the perfect peachy nude that I have found to date. While it leans a touch warm- it is neutral enough that it doesn't make my cool-toned skin appear sallow. It feels so lovely on the lips too!
5) Le Métier de Beauté Color Core Lipstick in Palm Springs: If I was only allowed to choose one lipstick from LMdB it would be this one! Palm Springs is a complex light blue-based pink with the faintest tinge of mauvey purple, and it has a stunning subtle golden shimmer. LOVE!
6) Susan Thompson Cosmetics Creamy Matte Lipstick in Lola's Secret: I know that you might think that I feel obligated to say that Lola's Secret is my favorite lipstick because it was made for me, and named after my blog by one of my very close friends, but it really is the perfect pink! It is a perfectly balanced pink: it's not too light, it's not too dark-- instead it is utter perfection. I love it, and I love Suzi!
7) Tom Ford Lip Lacquer in Pink Lust: I have been nursing this baby for fear of using it up-- I love it that much! I really regret that I didn't get a backup (a practice that I seldom do)! It's a really beautiful peachy pink that is pearl-rich (on the verge of frost). It is moisturizing, and feels spectacularly good on the lips!
8) Susan Thompson Cosmetics Pout Poppers in Peace: This is a stunningly beautiful complex glistening peachy nude. It doesn't get better than this.
9) Tweezerman Tweezers: Never leave home without them!
10) Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm (review forthcoming): This is a really really lovely lip balm. So much so- that I broke my own rule and started using it before photographing it! There's simply no telling how much I will have used before I actually review it!
11) Susan Thompson Crest Mirror Compact: This is luxurious and gorgeous, and It is always with me- no matter what.
12) Lollia in Love Petite Treat Handcreme: This smells and feels so good that I will most assuredly replace it once I use up the remainder of this tube!
What's in your makeup bag? Do you have tendency to carry more than you "need"? What items are always with you wherever you go?
Copyright © 2013 www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com All Rights Reserved.