Here are the rules:
- Answer the 11 questions asked
- Ask 11 questions to the people you tag
- Mention the blog that originally tagged you
1. What is your dream job? Believe it or not, my dream job is my actual job! I teach college.
2. Are you a baker or a cook? I like doing both, actually. Haven't had much time for either lately.
3. On your beauty journey, have you noticed any changes in your preferences in any way? Not really. I still buy lots of high end skincare and makeup products. I suppose that I am more interested in finding the highest quality products that I can, but am more mindful of checking the list of ingredients than I was before.
4. In your refrigerator, what is always in there? A can of opened dog food, half and half, vegetables, cheese, and whatever we have planned for meals.
5. You crave for sweets or savory and what was your last intense craving? Definitely sweets, but I do so love savory.
6. Last gift you gave? Vase of flowers.
7. Last gift received? Susan Thompson Cosmetics Lola's Secret Lipstick- she made it just for me!!!!!
8. What is your current beauty item that is welling up into an uncontrollable urge? Well, I would say the upcoming Burberry Fall Collection!
9. At what age have you gotten your first white hair? Huh? I don't understand the nature of this question. I thought that it might be some dialect spoken in the far reaches of the galaxy-- perhaps Pluto-- I ran it through Google Translate, and it just regurgitated the same question. SIMPLY. DOES. NOT. COMPUTE. My hair is dark brown and gets pretty reddened during the summer months, but I take no responsibility for the occasional anomaly when there is an errant, otherwise pigment challenged interloper.
10. What is the last horror movie you've watched? The Exorcist, and it still scares me!
11. What is a holy grail beauty product that you've discovered? Skincare: Rodin Olio Lusso. Makeup: Susan Thompson Creamy Lipstick in Lola's Secret-- I mean really, what else have I worn every day since receiving it?
Here are the questions that Joanne asked me:
1. What is the first beauty product you bought? Probably Bonne Bell Lip Smackers.
2. Name your favorite shade of blush. Susan Thompson Cosmetics Liquid Blush in Mim's the Word!
3. If you could only own one eyeshadow palette (no more than 5 shades), what would it be? I tend to prefer singles over palettes, but I am smitten with the new Armani Eyes to Kill Shimmer Palettes in numbers 9 & 11, and the Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Smokey Grey.
4. What is your favorite look for formal events? Hmmm. I guess it really depends on the type of event. I like a polished look for some settings, and then the whole nouveau bohemian chic trend for others.
5. Do you coordinate your makeup with your outfits and how? No. I do my makeup based upon mood, and I don't know what I will do until I am actually doing it.
6. What did you wear to your first date? Wow, I don't remember.
7. Where would you go for the ultimate fun? Investigating my favorite big cities-- including the one that I live in!
8. What is your go-to way of applying foundation, brushes, sponges or clean fingers? It completely depends upon the formula. I generally use clean fingers or a makeup brush (one of my trusted Hakuhodos).
9. Who inspires your love of beauty? I would probably have to say my mom since she used to take me to makeup departments in order for us to indulge in our passionate love of makeup and skincare!
10. What is your beauty style? Wash of color of the lids and a Classic Cat eye, strong brows, and a nude pink lip. The perfect embodiment would undoubtedly be Audrey Hepburn- not that I look a thing like her.
11. If you could only play up one feature of your face from day to night, what would you choose? My eyes.
Here are the questions that I am asking:
1. If you had to choose only one high-end skincare product- what would it be?
2. What is your very favorite lipstick?
3. Bloggers: what motivates you to blog about beauty? Non-bloggers: what motivates you to read beauty blogs?
4. What is your dream job? (Such a great question that I stole it from Bellyhead :)
5. Most overrated beauty product that leaves you underwhelmed?
6. Most underrated beauty product that leaves you overwhelmed?
7. If you were given a limitless paid-for department store credit card, but could only shop in the cosmetics department- what store would you choose? What products would be on the 18-wheel truck destined for your house?
8. Who is your hero?
9. Lip gloss or lipstick?
10. Favorite guilty pleasure?
11. Favorite tv show?
Rather than tagging other bloggers on their blogs- this tag is open to all of you. Simply post your responses below in the comment field! I can't wait to see how you respond to my questions!