I haven't indulged you makeup bag voyeurs in quite a while- so I thought that it was about time to post another peek into my makeup bag. This time, however, I decided to be a little inventive by repurposing my sister's hand-me-down D&G sunglass case. I can't remember whether she lost the glasses, or whether they were a casualty of one of her dogs. Nonetheless, the cute glass case was headed for the trash when I rescued it from its fate in the landfill. I decided to try it out as a makeup bag- until I break down and treat myself to the Clare Vivier bag I'm going to indulge in for my birthday next month!here): Sephora Birthday Gift last year. I like this product a good deal, and had actually forgotten about it. So I popped it into my "makeup bag" as an alternative to dipping potentially dirty fingers into my beloved Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Balm.
2) Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Lip Balm (reviewed here): To date this is my Holy Grail Lip Balm. I love everything about this, and will without question replace it once I have used this one up. I also will keep the gorgeous compact and reuse it for nearly finished lipsticks or something.
3) Susan Thompson Cosmetics Double Mirror Compact (Reviewed here): I love this and never leave home without it!
4) Burberry Lip Mist Field Rose No. 213 (review forthcoming): This is a gorgeous pink, and the formula is one of my very favorites. And just in case you were wondering, I am completely smitten with Burberry!
5) Susan Thompson Cosmetics Creamy Lipstick in Cleo (reviewed here): This is hands down my very favorite vampy lipstick, and in my opinion the best one ever to have been made in human history!!!!!
6) Rouge Bunny Rouge Sheer Lipstick in Murmurings (review forthcoming): Such a gorgeous sheer, but buildable vampy plum that is described by Rouge Bunny Rouge as "Wet effect, sheer, cool damson - Like having just eaten a bowl of cherries."
7) Le Métier de Beauté Ken Downing Bodacious Bordeaux Lip Gloss in Purple Haze (reviewed here): I almost want to purchase a backup of this (they are still available on the Neiman Marcus website- so I had better mind my wallet when late night internet shopping adventures beckon me) despite the fact that I am trying to avoid the backup paradigm. This is a gorgeous light mauve with pink and plummy shimmer- it's just breathtaking as far as I am concerned!
8) Burberry Lip Glow in Pink Sweet Pea- (Review forthcoming, but swatched here). Really lovely beautifully pigmented lip gloss that is nothing short of gorgeous! It isn't to be feared- despite the fact that it is generously pigmented- it really can be sheered out enough to make it infinitely wearable for those who shudder at the thought of sporting bright fuchsia lips!
I have no idea how well this case will last as a makeup bag, but I am really going to give it a try. Additionally it has forced me to edit what I carry since it will not expand to accommodate the ridiculous number of lip products that I generally cram into my makeup bag-- so it will be interesting to see how long this will last! Plus I am so excited that my sister and I are going to go to the Clare Vivier flagship store in Silver Lake to see what strikes our fancy!
What's currently in your makeup bag?